Number Plate

Guest turbo

Guest turbo

After SVA when you go to DVLA to register the vehicle and get number plate can you pay extra to DVLA and have a personalised number plate over the counter as you can the age related plate? Thanks Jamie

Guest graham dockerill
^_^ Don't think so as I wanted to put my own plate on, but DVLA man said they must issue a plate first so if at a later date I take my plate off they then issue original number that they issued at the start.

Guest Battery Bill

Paul

I want to keep the original number that came with the donor is this possible?

I dont think thats possible they will issue you with an age related one but not the same as the donor.

Mitch

We had bought the numberplate before we got to DVLA, but like you said there was no problem issuing us with it :D :D

Guest chris brown
I want to keep the original number that came with the donor is this possible?
Yes but not easy first you have to get the plate removed from the SORNd donor (£80) and put on retention (£20) then get the donor registered with a new number (even thro you are going to scrap it as no doubt at this stage you only have the V5). Then depending on your local DVLA office they may register your car straight away with the number on retention or do as Graham says and register a new number first then take yet another £80 off you to put on the new plate.

Paul

I got number of donor my mate got age related, my car log book says first reg 1985 6 owners needed mot after one year. His log book says reg 2003 1 owner no mot for 3 years.

Bob

Guest rusty
:D when registering my Superspec I tried to get a personalised plate I had selected on VOSA web site but I had to register the allocated 05 number first and reregister later, the thoght of queing up again for two hours nearly I dont think i'll bother :gdit: