Big Update On Kitcar Live Show

Guest rizla

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mickmellors

Spent yesterday evening giving rides in my 2B to friends of friends in hopes of attracting 3 prospective new members to RHOCAR. Came out of the country lanes into 'civilisation' with only 1/4 tank of petrol so decided to top up the petrol and found long queues at all the petrol stations in the area. This was the 1st I knew of the latest 'fuel shortage' scare as I dont watch TV much and havent seen the News. All 3 of my passengers knew but made no comment either before or during their rides - perhaps they were worried I might not take them !!. After queuing for 45 mins I was only 'allowed' £10 worth of petrol . 3/4 of this £10 top-up was used to drive back home so I am still just below 1/4 tank. Went out today in the tin-top armed with Jerry can and Paddy can and found even bigger queues so came home again without filling up. Is this likely to continue until Friday and spoil my (and others) plans for Brands Show at the weekend.

Could fuel be a problem? Is anyone up to date on the news?

In my local town (Evesham) there have been no queues at all, but just down the road at Redditch where I work the Tesco's station closed having sold out after 2 days of panic buying.

Seems that if people see a queue they have an uncontrollable urge to join it!

Lets hope things are back to normal by the weekend

:rolleyes: very little or no ques down here,probebly cause we syphon our fuel not pump it :lol:

ps had a e-mail from steve hole he believes camping is a go for sat night,hes trying to get confermation

Guest chriszxr750

just to let people know that living in dartford , by the dredded tunnel, there were incredibly huge queues yesterday, and some today, with some forecourts closed as there was no petrol.

now i hope this wont put people off from going, but please try and get petrol before coming into brands/ dartford as if this panic buying continues then sure as eggs is eggs there wont be any come the weekend.

ands that then means i wont go to work so i can then spend the day in the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I’m working on the theory that if everyone is filling up their cars at the moment then by Saturday very few will be needing to go to the garage as they all have fairly full tanks so I’ll fill up on Sat morning on the way to Brands, providing there’s any left :rolleyes:

Guest alan rowe

Hi Swan J - is there going to be a convoy coming down then on Saturday - if you are which way are you going - all the way down the M1 and then M25 or off at the A14 (M1/M6junction) and then M11 to the M25

If so what time will you all be approaching the A14 as I'm at J13 and could join in Chris Brown is a little further on as well

A