Barkstone "the Day"

Guest chris brown

Guest Busa Rush

:D ok andy you have a good choice running 15's .. if it was me i would use the toyos...195-50 fronts... go wider on the backs 215 if your rim permits...

http://www.toyo.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction...307a631f9dccb31

try running a little toe out on your tracking too ask steve mehew about that... we were both trying to set up our cars the weekend.. i have lots of understeer but think i will cure that soon was all good fun tho did you enjoy it?

cheers

dave :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D tyres ordered,195 55 15 all round total cost £352 inc vat and delivery,will be here wednesday :wub:

they are on special at camskill.co.uk

yep really enjoyed the weekend,this needs to be done more was my thoughts :lol:

julie and the kids loved it to,shows how much of a family orientated club this is

top stuff rhocar :wub:

Guest steve_m77
:rolleyes: car had loads of power(95mph down the straight)just the tyres were real pants,but thats the idea to find out whats right and wrong on a track day

If you managed to get 95mph down the straight then there's nothing at all wrong with your car ! Keep it exactly as it is as 95mph is probably what the Jedi's were doing down there ! You must have gone through the top chicaine better than anybody else too. :rolleyes:

With 95mph down the straight you much have stopped for a cup of coffee half way round to get the times you recorded.

Do you think it's time to check your speedo accuracy :D

Guest steve_m77
don't know the time it was a jedi tho steve knows i think

dave....

ps. thanks for great competion from yourself and richard :)

dave

The fastest Jedi was about 46s from memory, massive gap between them and the other cars. The times wil be up on the RAF MSA web site in a few days.

Guest steve_m77
:D tyres ordered,195 55 15 all round total cost £352 inc vat and delivery,will be here wednesday :wub:

Try to change your order to 205 or bigger if you can at the back, it will make a positive diference.

Guest megablade
With 95mph down the straight you much have stopped for a cup of coffee half way round to get the times you recorded.

Or to post on the message board :rolleyes: :)

I was only hitting 80 down the straight, perhaps my balls are bigger :o :lol: :rolleyes: :p

:) would have done but they dont do a 50 profile in the 195 to match the 215 yet due out soon,il stick with these to start then when they wear out(wont be long im sure)il get the 215

Guest steve_m77
Bet it was that Hornet or a Jedi or something... Defo be bike engined, seem to suit that track :)

On Sunday there were 3 Jedi's, all with different engines. The fastest had a modified Blackbird (1100cc) engine with about 160bhp. The other 2 were fireblade and R1 powered, 900 or so and 998 cc.

They weighed 400 Kg, including the driver ! My car is about 620Kg including the driver :(