Exmo Grounding

Guest jonnie

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conslusion,

On Mat-d-Rat's suggestion I fitted a hardwood block an 1" thick over the spring and it worked superbly, so I'm now going to get something turned up more in keeping and permanent. Thanks again to everyone for thier idears and suggestiions, no doubt I will chatting to you all again soon.

Regards David

Guest Ace Fettler

My Exmo used to suffer with a similar problem. A change to new XR4 rear springs raised the ride height by approx 25mm without increasing stiffness and the problem was cured. If your car still has the Sierra shock absorbers still fitted another worthwhile mod is to fit Vauxhall Nova rear shocks. This will require a bit of fabrication work to make the necessary top mounts, but the transformation in ride and handling is well worth the effort. AVO do an adjustable version of the Nova shock if you want to stiffen things up for track days. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the advice Ace, I'm quite happy with the arrangement at the moment,as I am an old geezer, I don't think I'll be going on many track days. I just like cruising around the lanes with a big grin on my face.

:D Regards David