Exmo Grounding

Guest jonnie

Hi I'm then proud owner of an Exmo, not being very technical I bought one instead of building. The problem I have is that the rear end grounds at every oportunity.

Could some kind soul please tell me, in very simple terms how to rectify this.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi David,

Welcome to the world of Hoodies. I too have an Exmo. Which part is grounding? if it is the trailing arms (that the lowest point on mine) there's not a lot you can do or are the rear springs bottoming out giving you the impression that it's grounding. Fill in your location, there may be someone close by who could take a look.

Cheers Barry.

Guest Petemate

Hi David

Sounds like you need to do what I'm going to on my 2b - namely, replace the bolts with shorter ones and replace those "cups" (from the front struts) with nice big flat plates of at least 3mm steel.

HTH

Pete

I am in Basingstoke and my parents live in Hook, was it you I saw on the A30 on Sunday afternoon in a green and stainless hood?

I have simular problems with my 2B/04 grounding at the rear. I though about spring assisters that are usually used for towing but I have obtained some second hand rear coil overs that I now intend to fit.

Pete.

He wont be able to do the mod that you are doing as the Exmo uses a different set up to the 2b.It sounds like the trailing arms that are grounding in which case there's not a lot you can do. Fitting spring assistors will help stop the suspension bottoming but wont give you any more ground clearance.

Barry.

Hi all, Thanks for all the sugestions. In answer to some of the questions, not me going down the A30 my Exmo is green with yellow nose. How do I get onto the battery boys website, I can't seem to find it.

Regards David