Unmarked Police Vans

Guest tom2b

Well after a good session in the gym I have had time to reflect on my previous post.

After 17 years in the police and at the rank I hold I really shouldn't have bitten like that. And yes I was tired. And yes I was angry and offended by some of the comments on this thread. But I am proud of what I do and the people I work with.

Everyone is of course entitled to their opinion. It's just sometimes it is hard to stomach unsighted criticism when you have seen officers run ragged from job to job all day long.

On Friday night I spent three hours in casualty with an officer of three years' service who had broken his arm whilst overpowering a man who had assaulted his wife and threatened the officer with a stanley knife. The officer did not want to go sick, although his arm was plastered and asked me if I could arrange for him to do some office work with the rest of his shift rather than spend the next 4 weeks at home. He wouldn't ask for your thanks and neither do I. Find out a little more about the way the modern police service is run and the dedicated and courageous work its men and women do before making throw away comments that could, and clearly do, cause offence.

The apology, by the way, was to the rhocar community in general rather than to the individual. I am also grateful for the support PMs I have received since posting the earlier thread.

Richard

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Extension more bobby's on the beat would cost more. If it's done properly then crime would go down but how do you statistically relate a crime prevented (the thieving scum was about to break into your car but saw a copper further down the road so changed his mind) to an extra mans wages?

Wake up and smell the coffee. The days of villans wearing stripey shirts and carrying swag bags are long gone. Watch any reallity TV and see how much impact a bobby on the beat has on stopping anti social behaviour!

Prevention is more about desiging out crime in estates and high streets with the appropriate level of visible patorls by officers and others.

Example if 50% of all cases taken to court fail then the numbers look apalling. Answer stop taking the less certain cases to court. Result the numbers look better but more guilty people are never taken to court - they get wind of this and petty crime goes up because the scum know that so long as they can talk fast they can probably get away with it.

Yes quite right, but not a police issue, one of the CPS, they decide who goes to court.

From what I'm seeing there's very little of any of it happening due to a lack of funding for the police forces and a huge amount of mis-management.

I object to that. All public services would want extra money, but no one wants to pay more tax. I am also a part of the senior managment and frankly and I can compete with the rest of them, private or public sector.

Guest Andy Rathbone

mmm stocks on the village green, would be ok for some crimes, parking tickets, litter dropping that kind of thing. unmarked police vans checking vehicle details, tax, MOT, insurance great lets have more of them, why should i pay and others not. if they cant be bothered to tax/MOT it will they bother maintaining it, is it safe to be on the road? :huh:

me and many others have 3 points for speeding 43 in a 30, that will be my own fault then drive safely dont get knobbled, simple.

the scum that broke into my house and stole my stuff bought with my hard earned cash got 18 months inside, thanks to the "people in blue" (must try and be more pc) no pun intended. :)

what realy grates is all the work the police did and the scum only got 18 months and will probably only do half that and i as a tax payer have to pay for that scum to live in what appears to be a hotel with locks on the doors. :gdit:

police, could you? deal with the scum of society, a mountain of paper work and still smile when helping people at their most needy?? no i couldnt. its the system thats at fault not the people trying to work with it, i take my hat off to you.

He wouldn't ask for your thanks and neither do I.

tough t!ts youve got it, :D :wub:

whens the snow coming so i can get my hood out and cause traffic chaos??? :D

I'm not anti-police. I know the guys on the street are just as frustrated as I am because their hands have effectively been tied. Do something about that and you'll gain much more of my respect than you will by saying your as good a manager as any of the other "senior" managers. I deal with lots of managers at all levels in the public and private sectors and from several countries and they are not a section of society that I hold in very high regard.

Iain

Guest steve_m77
  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Not a nice description of a Policeman  :rolleyes:

My brother doesn't mind it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

See, I can do more :rolleyes: than you :wub: :wub:

Guest steve_m77
Come on Dave - when did you last (if ever) see Steve upset? Nothing ever seems to faze him.... :D :D

Pops

That blatently anti-frog web site does upset me, for obvious reasons :D Frogs have feelings too :boohoo: Please, have a little compassion for our jumpy friends . . . :p :D

Guest steve_m77
But I am proud of what I do and the people I work with.

I think most of us are, but we, if you like your "customers", get as piss*d off with the politics that seem to drive all parts of society these days as I guess you do. I don't think any of us would usually criticise the chaps and chapesses at the sharp end and I'm sorry if my comments gave you that impression.

The one plod I would criticise is Richard Brunstrom but I've heard far harsher things said by people on the inside than I would have imagined ! :D