Superspec 05

Guest gavinc

hi all

fitting cossie rear discs to the superspec... using the standard master cylinder supplied.. how do i know which brake copper pipe goes to which port on the mater cylinder...

i.e does the nsf caliper go to to front port on the side of m/cylinder or does is not matter...

cheers gavin

Hi Gavin

As I understand it...

Left and right brake pipes can be connected to either, but front and back must be connected the right way around.

In a production car, the master cylinder is turned through 180 degrees, and the front ports go to the front and the back ports to the back.

As the master cylinder is turned around in the super spec, then the back ports go to the front, and the front to the back.

That's what I've done.

Cheers

James

thanks james

just to make sure i have got it right in my head the front calipers need to go to the front of the m/cylinder ie furthest from the servo and the rears go to two nearest the servo but it doesnt matter whether the ns goes on the side or the bottom..

is that right..

have you panelled your car yet as still having trouble sorting out some of the panels.. ref my post in bodywork..

also found a few more odd shaped stainless bits one looks like a propeller with 3 blades but is just flat another is just a little bridge shape with a rectangle cut out of the top with two approx 6mm holes in the fixing points. i should have taken photos i know..the other problem is the boot sides dont seem to fit anywhere and the the other two panels are battery tray is that right.. have you got any photos of your panells that could help... PLEASE...

cheers gavin

Gavin

Master cylinder - yep, that's right. If you look at master cylinder, the connections for the front are slightly larger than the ones to the rear.

My superspec is one of the early ones (I'm just slow at getting it finished....) so all panels were already in place (lucky me....!). I'd guess at:

3 blade propeller - this shounds like the piece which is pushed (after bending the ends) in to the fuel filler neck, so that you can only put unleaded in.

bridge shape - not sure on this one, but could it be the piece which fits on the horizontal chassis member which is directly behind the seats, with the holes in for the seat belt fixings?

Hope this helps

James

cheers chaps

i will have to take some pictures and post them is probably the easiest way..

its a real bugger trying to put a car together from a dvd that might as be for a helicopter for all the good it is.. that is the only real let down with this project.. without this site i think we would have cut the car up and weighed it in for scrap..

thanks again gavin

The bridge part could be the bracket that houses the brake light switch... this is mounted behind the brake pedal.

The propeller shape is... if it's got a hole in it, the fuel restrictor. In my kit I had two propellers shapes, one was the restrictor, the other was a baffle for the exhaust (no hole, just a plasma cut horse shoe ish shape)

Will

Guest rhetorical-oracle

I think Will's right about the bridge shape piece. It sounds like the brake light switch bracket, and goes in the pedal box behind the brake pedal. It holds the brake light switch in place, so that the switch gets activated when the pedal is pressed.

it gets better and better.. definately sounds like brake light switch holder and yes propeller shape "thing" has hole in middle so must be for filler neck.. justy battery tray and boot side panels to sort out and cars nearly finished (well if the kit car fairies do some work)...

thanks for your help

Guest Giggling_Buffoon
the other was a baffle for the exhaust (no hole, just a plasma cut horse shoe ish  shape)

Will

Could this be the lucky horse shoe that got you through the SVA lamda nightmare without any problems??? :lol:

Probably not....

seems that propeller shape is restrictor for filler neck..

bridge shape "thingy" seems to be for brake light switch.. but next question what brake light switch as i have one from a sierra and i dont think its right

Could this be the lucky horse shoe that got you through the SVA lamda nightmare without any problems??? :lol:

Probably not....

One day.... when all us super speccers are sat around a camp fire drinking lots and lots I'll tell you all how my super spec passed it's emissions.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

One day.... when all us super speccers are sat around a camp fire drinking lots and lots I'll tell you all how my super spec passed it's emissions.

Will, if there was black magic and witchcraft used, then I hope that you still have the spell coz i'll be needing it...........eventually!!

Al