Demister Vent

Guest tom2b

I need 2 demister vents that sit on top of the scuttle and angle the airflow at the airscreen, i already have 2 pre cut elongated holes on the scuttle that measure a total of 22cm long between them, i cant seem to find anything long enough, any ideas?

i will check out robinhood, trouble is my cars a part build so the previous owner may have had some, ive tried car builder solutions and they only have some nasty looking plastic ones that are too short.

Guest Battery Bill

Tom

They are not that hard to make, you must have some spare stainless lying around.

I did see an article somewhere about making them I think its in Joeys "Ron Champion build a car for a fiver" book :D :D

Must look it up :D

Guest Phil Slater

I got a pair from Europa. Yes they are plastic - but with a leather effect :rolleyes: But once they are mounted and under the windscreen they don't look half bad. Also I heard (I think it was Longboarder who told me) the ones supplied by RH do not not direct the air flow up the windscreen very well at all.

HTH

Guest Battery Bill

Phil

the ones supplied by RH do not not direct the air flow up the windscreen very well at all.

I would not spread stories like this unless you have experienced them, ours seem OK to us

<_<

Guest Battery Bill

Tom

Yes two precut holes and you were supplied with a small sheet with some Louvres on it which you cut out and fitted over the holes.

Some people fitted them extremely close to the windscreen (Or fitted their Windscreen very close to) and I think this would hamper the flow of air best to leave a bit of a gap :D

Hi Tom. I didn`t like the idea of the louvers because the air needs to

go up not sideways as in any other car. i used some 20mm rubber

grommets the ones used in household electric boxes,three or four in

each hole then masking tape around the edge some black silicon

shaped around them then pull off tape. underneath i used a length

of 1"x 1" box section across the bonnet with the slots repplecated

in it with a piece of 3/4" over flow pipe in each end connected to

a caravan flexi waste hose to the heater. washing machine waste

pipe is to small.

Dave

Guest ScotMac

After reading half the replies, i finally figured it out....demister means defroster!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, the 2b comes w/ some vents for the defroster/demister? Hmmm...i don't remember seeing anything like that for the lightweight. Sounds awfully civilized!!! ;)

And even here in california we sometimes need a defroster. What say you, lightweight builders, are we on our own???

Guest chris brown
After reading half the replies, i finally figured it out....demister means defroster!!!
In our damp climate screens tend to mist up on the inside (condensation) even on tintops so demisters are a must (and a legal requirement) so are used more for this than de-icing