Hoodie Track Days 2006

Guest John Walton

Guest John Walton

2006 is nearly upon us and I need to know who is up for another couple of Barkston weekends.

It is a case of what members would like to do.

I can do a Barkston, sprint only on the Saturday

A Barkston sprint on a Saturday and Karting on the Sunday with camping at Woodland Waters Friday and Saturday.

We have three possible dates for 2006 ( still under negotiation)

Another option is to leave out one of the possible three Barkstons and do a long track day.

Now, this is not going to be anything like as cheap as Barkston.

We are possibly looking at around £60 to £80'ish, venue undecided but I beleive 'SnapperPaul' is working on a plan.

So, how much are you willing to pay and what do you want for 2006.

Let me know as soon as possible

Email

waltjo750@aol.com

Tel

07769 717180

I did 2 barkston bashes this year and had a brill time, 1 "styled " lap faster than the famous yellow canoe which made my day!

I would love to make the trip up from sussex again.

Judging by last years response I wouldn't have though there would be a problem filling 3 Barkstone events. 3 times might be a bit much in one year for one person but with only 30 places per event you could probably still fill all three even if you limited people to driving at only one of them.

Guest Ken Brough

Barkston is an excellent experience for little money. I would recommend it

for all. Conviently located in the country for many. A definate must for any Hoodie.

Give it your support. I wll certainly give it mine as many times as possible. :D :D :D

Guest salty_monk

I'm sure you could fill 3 Barkstons & a long track day as well... If one is short on numbers you only have to open it up to the locost crowd or Dax's or someone to fill the space.... :)

I hope to make one of the dates in 2006.... fingers crossed :)

Barkston is great and I will definitely be going back for more.

It would be great to get a long track day organised as well. £60 to £80 is a little more expensive than Barkstone but is still cheap for a track day and is very good value when you consider that with a well organised open pit lane set up you can easily get 120+ miles clocked up on track.

It is also a completely different driving experience when you have to concentrate on some "traffic" both slower and faster cars to deal with unlike Barkstone which is single file only.

Richard

Guest megablade

Speaking for the 'Bristol Massive' :lol: I am sure we would but up some entrants to all events (subject to dates).

I have to agree £60-£80 is still good value to have a thrash around a long track, and it will not shag your clutch either :wub:

I feel that at least one of the Barkston weekends should include the Karting, as that was an amazing weekend last time :D

Whatever you decide John, I'm sure it will be well supported :)

Two Barkston and a long one sounds ideal to aim for. I did a half day race school taster at Brands 10 years ago and it was good fun although the cars were limited to 4000 rpm so overtaking was not possible. Would be nice to see 100+ on the clock and the only cameras to pose for being held by friends.

Nigel