3 replies to this topic

#1 kelvinnoel

kelvinnoel

Builder

• Community user
  • 36 posts
  • Car type:Robin hood 111a

Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:29 PM

I had to go a little close to the kerb to avoid a caravan and found a pothole which the rear shocker couldn't deal with ,in fact it caused it to snap frightened me half to death ,has anyone got a pair for sale asap , I'm going to try and get the council to pay for the repairs ,but I need my kit fix

#2 agent_zed

agent_zed

Wheely good builder!

• Community user
  • 2,881 posts
  • Car type:2B with double wishbones

Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:15 PM

bad here too. My peugeot 3008 broke a rear spring, my brothers Kia sportage broke a front spring and my GFs polo broke a front spring and i am now waiting for a rear shock as i noticed that was leaking oil this week. all within a month or so.

There are some pretty dangerous ones around at the moment, i wouldn't want to be a motorbiker or a road cyclist at the moment that's for sure.

sorry to hear your shock snapped. don't have any spares to offer sadly. Is it just a standard sierra shock?

#3 magh

magh

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 18
  • 198 posts
  • Car type:Robin Hood 2B

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:33 PM

Roads are bad around me too.

On the shock note I have a pair of new unused ones I think there sachs unless you are running coilovers?

#4 kevin the chicken

kevin the chicken

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 18
  • 917 posts
  • Car type:16v vauxhall series 7, Sylva Leader with Pinto

Posted 14 June 2018 - 02:05 PM

Potholes are bad here too. Our pump got turned out to a car fire the other week. The front nearside wheel hit a massive hole causing suspension and wheel damage and by the time the driver managed to stop the car was well alight either through something flailing around or wiring damage. Thirty five grands worth of BMW diesel written off. The hole was filled in the next day.