Calling Super Spec Owners, Coolant Pipework!

geordie40

Ok, a few posts a go you mentioned you have a wiring diagram for the car, any chance of a copy. The previous owner has scribled some connections down and listed what fuses and relays do what but it would be good to have a bit more info

Trying to get new header tank preasure cap is a pain, all motor factors are asking what the tank is from. Do you have a link to one I can get or part number

Can't help with a part number I'm afraid. There's nothing marked on mine.

Make sure though that it has long bayonet tabs. I bought a replacement 15psi cap but it had short tabs and wouldn't rotate or lock on to the bottle.

As far as draining system do I just remove bottom hose from rad, if so how does engine block drain? Or can I take hose off pump as that is lower than rad and will that allow engine to drain?

I generally undo the U hose from the water pump inlet to drain the whole system.

Ok, a few posts a go you mentioned you have a wiring diagram for the car, any chance of a copy. The previous owner has scribled some connections down and listed what fuses and relays do what but it would be good to have a bit more info

Unfortunately it is on a 4 ft x 3 ft piece of paper so making a copy is going to be a challenge. I'll see if I can scan it in A4 chunks and stitch it together. Considering how good the previous owner was I'm surprised he didn't give you a copy. Might be worth an e-mail to see if he still has it.

Hi Al, will ask him but I think he gave me all he had. If you have a copy shop near they some time have plan printers which copy/print up to A0 size paper (I repair them!!)

If your agreeable you could send it to me recorded and I can copy it or maybe scan it so there is an electronic copy of it.

I would re emburse any costs