Fail, But Only Just

Guest shagster

Guest shagster

hello all , i went for my test a chadderton test station (manchester) on the 29th march and here is my fail sheet

headlights failed cos the sealed beam unit blew,

track rod ends, could feel the nut through the rubber sleeve which was supposed to be sva compatible,

wishbone square tube, wasnt happy with the edge trim i used not 2.5mm radius,

hand brake, two issues here, 1st the hand brake cable was at to accute an angle as it exited the outer sleeve(about 45 degrees)

2nd was when the handbrake was fully applied the horse shoe part would touch the angle iron that the handbrake was bolted to ( under the car) my own fault that one never adjusted it properly,

oh and the dreaded 19 mm radius on the bottom of the passenger side dashboard,

and thats it, very pleased with the result and only took a day to rectify,

i have got my retest on th 18th so wish me luck,

i would like to add that i would not have got this far if it had'nt been for this site and all that post on it and for this i am very thankfull, see you all at stoneleigh.... :D

Guest shaggy
headlights failed cos the sealed beam unit blew,

Did the unit blow have anything to do with the nipple grinding process I wonder???

Hard luck Mike, but like you say all very doable before Stoneleigh.

Simon

Guest peter2b2002

on the track rod ends i used inner tube cut into 2" strip wound it arround the nuts etc 2-3 times then super glued the end down, still on 2+ years later, worked on the coil over nuts as well

pete2b

Yes, 4th May for me. I still have quite a bit to do though, so didn't make the Club Night on Tuesday. I sent Big Lee a PM.

I have an 'MOT' on 28th April (just a safety check really) before I set off for Beverley.

Off out to the garage now....... YEE-HAA :yahoo: :yahoo: