Throttle Tps

David S

So after 1674 miles of trouble free motoring around Scotland (if you ignore having to hotwire the car for entire the first day!!) I got the car out today to go to a local show and it is running like a pig. Got about 2 miles away and stopped at the meeting point and it won't do anything other than tick over. Nothing obvious so called the AA. They turned up within 20 minutes and the guy took one look at the TPS wiring and played around with the connections and it started to run OK.

I suppose it serves me right for only using crimp connectors on it and not a proper plug, but it has been OK for over 8000 miles!! I have the local motor factors seeing if they can source me a plug and a new TPS just to be safe, if not I will try the local scrappy tomorrow or e-bay. Need to sort it so I can get it to Stoneleigh!

The moral of the story ..... use proper plugs on the sensors! :)

David - you don't think its a general electrical issue - i.e. bad earth somewhere?

Could the start button/dash power and now TPS issues be related?

I don't think so. When the engine was ticking over, the AA man was wiggling the TPS wires and the engine was spluttering. I also had a good look round at all the earths and they all seemed OK.

Thanks for the heads up on what I need Dan, I will look in to it later.

if you have a picture, i may have something

Many thanks for the offer Dave, but a quick trip to the local breakers this morning and I got a TPS and plug for the princely sum of £2. Everything is now sorted and the engine is back running sweet again. :)