Pinto For Pinto

Guest a8dyc

Guest a8dyc

Hi,I have a 1600 pinto fitted in the S7.I have managed to get hold of a 2.0 pinto 205 block efi.Its a bare block and head so need to swap some bits over before i do the swap(might not be till next year but getting prepared).Are most bits interchangable between the 2 engines i.e

1.Sump

2.Dizzy

3Water pump

4.Thermostat Housing

5.Exhaust Manifold

6.Cam belt Cover

7.Rocker cover

Some one said to me that the 1.6 cam belt cover wont fit becuse the 2.0 is taller.Does that mean the engine will stick up higher in the car because theres not much space under the bonnet!!

Cheers as ever

Andy

Guest gavinc

as far as i am aware everthing on the 1600 & 2000 are interchangeable

the blocks etc are the same size its the pistons and conrods that are different.

on the x-flows you could tell the difference between the 1300 & 1600 by the height of the block..

Everything should fit ok but a 2l cambelt is required, not sure of the cover, I think the height difference is about 10mm. there are 2 types of waterpumps, different fixing holes so check that. You can fit the carb inlet manifold too to the injection head but use a cheap replacement gasket as the ford one is a bit sparce on materials and will leak around the top of the inlets.

Guest Takumi

I was caught out by the 1.6L timing belt length.. seems to be about 10mm shorter than the 2L belt, and the 1600 belt is just a fraction too short to fit over the tensioner..

Guest timswait
I was caught out by the 1.6L timing belt length

I think the covers are probably the same though.... Not entirely sure on that one, just what I remember from my swap. All the other things you list should fit no probs.

• 4 weeks later...

Depends on the age of your 1.6. If its post Aug 84 everything will be interchangeable, inc cambelt and cover. If its a pre Aug 84 it will be a short stroke 1.6 and will be lower as people have suggested.

I used a 1.6 dizzy on my old S7 2 litre and worked fine.