2b Engine Bay Room?

Guest Goaty

Guest Goaty

Hi,

Is anyone on here running a 2.0 Zetec in there 2b?

I am trying to find out how much room is down the side of the engine to see if my charger will fit?

thanks

joe

Yes. You'll need to mess with the bracket a bit, and probably the steering column to get it in.

Can post a pic or two of specific areas if you want....or come to Newark, there will be one or two zetec 2b's there (if Longboarder makes it....sure he will!!)

Andy

Guest Goaty

Its a shame but the show is too far for me to travel at the mo.

Coudl anyone that has a Zetec 2b get some measurements for me it coudl really help.

thanks again

joe

Guest Goaty

is that a water pump on the front? (exhaust side)

I am hoping that there will be room on the front of the engine (exhaust side) and to run on the auxillary belt. Possibly the back?

Not going to have anything but an Alternator on it, so should be room as i am using a Rotrex charger so nice and small.

Thanks for the pics, looks lovely with the black cam cover.

I take it that is a blacktop engine and not just the cover?

Do you knwo much about the working of the blacktop?

how is it different from the silvertops?

cheers

So is your 300bhp engine a Silvertop??

Looking forward to some pictures that will help us with the clearance problems if we can see where the Rotrex is mounted.

Update...... just done a bit of research, the Rotrex is not much bigger than a turbo and can be mounted anyware aslong as you can get a good drive from a belt, therfore either side of the cam belt end.

In the normal front engine rear drive configuration you could swap sides with the charger or the alternator if needed to clear the steering shaft.

Is your particular problem the fact that you are taking your engine from a transverse configuration to a fore aft????

Are you blowing into the Zetec throttle body or sucking through?