Rh Propshafts

Guest Battery Bill

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tricky supplied grease nipples for the sliding pillar suspension.

But they werent the screw in type, you had to bang them in, interference fit only.

I tried to get a replacement at any number of factors & no-one had ever seen anything like them.

Are the propshaft ones also a push fit rather than screw-in? They could well get thrown out after a while.

I'm off to check mine now!!!!!

Bob

Guest salty_monk

Thrust bearing or possibly a broken /loose spline on the pressure plate?

Also check the fork & anything else that comes under tension when the pedal is pushed.

Dan :)

There should be a soft plastic bush on the pin in the bellhousing that acts as the lever arm fulcrum point. If it's 'gone' the arm will rattle, stopping when the clutch is depressed. The release bearing can also chatter against the diaphragm spring tips if it is not held fairly firmly against them by the quadrant spring pressure acting through the cable. You don't have free play between the cable and clutch release arm on the type nine setup.

The input shaft only rotates in the spigot bearing when the pedal is depressed but it needs an intact bearing to keep the shaft aligned with the axis of the crank. I could see a possibility, in the event of the spigot bearing breaking up, of the input shaft free to align itself when the clutch pedal is depressed (noise/vibration stops)and then being kicked off the center axis as the clutch pedal is released and the plate begins to bite at one point on it's rim fractionaly before it gets an even bite all round. A damaged spigot bearing may in itself hold the shaft slightly out of axial alignment. Both these scenarios would lead to noise/vibration although the misaligned spigot might give some vibration even when the clutch pedal is depressed.

The spigot bearing does have a small seal on one end to retain grease. The bearing should be fitted with this seal toward the bellhousing.

Nigel

That's great. That gives me some more to go on. I might leave it a bit though as it means engine out and for the moment im taxed and on the road and enjoying the clear (but slightly cold) weather.

What would i do without you guys. :D

Andy