2B Mileage

Guest timswait

What mileage is your 2B on?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest timswait

Just wondering how far people had driven their Hoods, I know there's some older cars out there with massive mileages, but I was wondering if I had the most travelled 2B at 16K miles.

I am seriously thinking about a trip to the family villa in Lloret, Spain in the Hood this summer.

875 miles door to door, will be about 2500 miles after 4 weeks of

driving about in Spain & zig-zagging back through France to see the most interesting bits.

I'll be speaking to Steve Altwasser for recommended spares to take with me.... :p

Bob

Go for it. Loads of people go to Le Mans with few issues - my round trip last year was 980 miles in 5 days with only a few niggles with the hot weather.

I changed most cables, fuel/water pump, ignition consumables, oil & coolant, a slightly noisy rear wheel bearing before leaving, took basic tools, some electrical cable, spare ignition stuff, bit of water hose with me.

Back to the topic, I know its not a 2B but I think Big Jim's series 3 has done the best part of 50k miles (he's had it welded once or twice though!).

I'll be interested to see who has the highest mileage 2B and how well the chassis is coping with the fatigue.

Andy

Already done LeMans twice with zero problems, so that is a good confidence booster..

But I'm fitting an XE engine at the moment which may be a bit more complicated (I cant fit my points distributor to it!! :p )

Biggest problem will be keeping the sunblock in place on the bonce if I dont use the Surrey top (which flaps like a B***ER at 80)

Guest chris brown

Just over 15k with no real problems, been to Le Mans 3 times and apart from getting head sunburnt (a well known problem for some of us isn’t it Bob) and burning left leg on tunnel side (reminder to self "don’t drive in shorts") had no problems. ;) ;)