Sva Fail

gomatthome

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or you could knock up a base for them to sit on, about a 25-30mm should do it, and make sure they have a nice raidus (radi??) all along the extention.

That way when you remove it, the will fit lower in the same position

HTH

Mitch

Richard, they are junk (and they have various contactable edges).

The main problem as I see it is the huge footprint. IMHO they do not look good when mounted in front of the windscreen pillar. I am lucky because I went for SVA without a screen (wot a chicken) but the screen pillar mostly covers the holes that I had to drill to mount the mirrors. My personal preference is to use the RH mirrors, ditch 'em after the test and stick some bike mirrors on there,m using the top mounting hole for the windscreen brackets.

Richard, they are junk

It must be something in the water, but for once I agree with Jon, sling them in the bin as soon as you get the MAC. they don't look particularly nice, and get up over 40 mph, and they'll turn in on you.

Get some Tiger ones.

Guest timswait
Can they be made to look smart again after the SVA?

Aren't you meant to be setting a good example representing the law? Isn't what you meant to say "I'm going to leave them in exactly the same state as when they passed the SVA test to ensure their legality" :p

Hi, It was me who was support for Phil. His car looked fantastic on the road, just a shame about the brakes.

Phil, I'm sure I can be around to help with any of the work required, just ring me.

I think reading this thread has given me a little motivation, I'm off into the garage for an hour, before "She who must be obeyed :wub: " gets home. :D :D

a fail is gutting but i took it as a list of snags and at least theres light at the end of the tunnel, you know exactly what needs doin now to be on the road.

before the test my car was a big pile of uncertainties - now i know what i need to sort

drop me a pm if i can help

It must be something in the water, but for once I agree with Jon

Now all I need is to see a pig fly and my life will be complete.

:D

Not sure about the Tiger ones, don't they have a tendancy to rust? And they're expensive IIRC.

You can get round the "turn in at 40mph" problem by taking the mirrors off the stem and roughing up the ball (it's a ball joint) with a bit of emery cloth. You will have to take the glass out to reassemble but that is no biggie if you are careful.

I should say, Ricard, that if you do this mod you won't have any problem, even if you're doing 159mph whilst familiarising yourself with your newly registerd Robin Hood. Just don't get caught like that other noggin.

Guest chris brown
Not sure about the Tiger ones, don't they have a tendancy to rust? And they're expensive IIRC.

Sorry Jim but I also agree with Jon. :wub: Go for some motorcycle ones lots to choose from and most don’t rust. :p B)