Sva Fail

gomatthome

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

If you use old crappy donor pads this is quite likely to happen, especially if its been sitting round for years.

Look at the state of the pads in our second 2B (Before we binned them) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

On our website!

:D

Guest FIRSTBUILD

I am a bit fed up going to Bills weeb site because -------------- it is well laid out clear and helpful loads of really good tips and the car has passed the SVA ! not jealous or bovvered am -look at the face not bovvered am I !!

Guest chris brown
If you use old crappy donor pads this is quite likely to happen, especially if its been sitting round for years
Bill's right and it doesn’t just have to be the donor pads. If you SORN your car over the winter always strip and check all brakes before you put it back on the road you'd be surprised (well maybe not Jim) how many pads and in particular shoes come off the backings if not in regular use especially if they have been damp a few times and even in an unheated garage this can happen.

Thanks for all the advice.

With regadr to front breaks i would have sworn that i replaced the pads and checked. But no so check and check again. Have now replaced the caliper due to damaged piston the pads and even put on new disks.

With regard to the rear breaks, to be totally safe have replaced the piston (new shoes already) on both sides and new break drums.

Hopefully all will now be well with the breaks.

re handbreak as had a spare have done a cut and shut job similar to above seems strong enough. Have not fitted into the car so hopefully it will work.

Keep you posted..

Phil

The exhaust tailpipe radius is an easy fix - buy a cheap chrome tailpipe (mine cost a fiver) with a nicely radiused edge and cut is down to about 5cm long. The slide over the end of the tailpipe and rivet on. My examiner was more than happy with this. ;)