Enforcer's Sva

enforcer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 'scrubbers' are still stuffed up there and will be until I have a MAC in my sticky fingers!

I had split some thick rubber vacuum tubing and put this around the edges of the top harness mounts. I secured it by wrapping a cable tie around it, pulling both the ends in.

The examiner said I could ditch the cable tie (this was the 'too temporary' bit) and glue the tubing on, or fit a metal bar, bent out between the roll bar uprights so the sphere couldn't touch the harness bits.

Hmmmmm wonder which I will do? :lol:

Guest Battery Bill
Will 'self amalgamating tape' be classed as tootemporary?

We did some covers using a bit of water hose with some rubber glued on top that passed no probs Have not even bothered to take them off yet :lol: :lol:

Will 'self amalgamating tape' be classed as tootemporary?

We had to put 2 cable ties over the tape that held the foam in place over our indicator extentions. The examiner and his inspector said the glue on the tape wasn't permenant, but cable ties were.

Completely the opposite to Enforcers examiner. Is consistancy too much to ask? :wacko:

indic.jpg

self amalgamating tape is classed as a permanent fix as it fuses into itself so doesn't need cable ties to keep it in position, just keep wrapping it round til you can't feel the edges you're covering then stretch to snap it off.

for the harness top mounts you can use edge trim - titanfast etc round the top plates, it will go on just needs a bit of persuasion/ hammering to fit

Steve

Re-test Friday at 13:00.

All points fixed (I think) - hopefully rear tyre pressures reduced from 28 psi to 17 psi will take care of the 1% my speedo was reading under at 35 mph!

Still waiting for a techspec sheet from the fuel pipe suppliers (this has been a very long story which I may disclose to all if it doesn't come right on the day). I'm just waiting for an email from the Technical Department of the suppliers (Flowtech) and then hopefully I will have ammassed enough evidence to satisfy the examiner.

Surely this time .... :(

This was my final offering for functional demister vents:

Yeah, and the rest. It turned out to be a nightmare because the aluminium 'U' section I had rivetted under the bonnet to stop it flexing was catching on the vents and also ultimately prevented me from sticking the usual waste pipe sections to the underside of the bonnet.

The solution was to cut out two blocks of 18mm wood, with vent slots cut out of them with a router, and stuck to the underside of the bonnet. I then stuck foam to the bottom of these and this makes a nice seal on the ducts.

Absolute bloody nightmare job but not as much grief as coming up with documentary evidence to prove the integrity of the RH fuel pipes. The saga of this is STILL going on (supplier was supposed to email me a spec sheet today but let me down again).

I'm either going to get what I need faxed through tomorrow or I will be finishing my night shift on Friday morning and staying up to fit new pipes before the re-test at 1pm. By which time I will be ready to choke the living hell out of someone! :gdit:

Guest Battery Bill

Richard

How helpful have Robin Hood been in this story.

If they have been Very Helpful let us know <_<

Or if they have not bothered their Asses let the board know :lol: :lol:

You know what I mean :D :D

and you know the exact reply to that Bill,

Rich, problems should be shared, theres others which will be in the same situation, and may need help with there pipes too, as im sure there are others who have this pipe from RHSC too.

Good luck on Friday

Mitch

Good look on Friday mate ,

so shall i put you down for La-Mans then ;)

will you be going to Oulton Park show march 25th( i think)

let us know there are a group of us going from the area

Duncan