Vehicle Security

Guest Darksphere

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Thats wrong, it should be a private thing between us and "His Tonyness"

I do my own little "Electoral Register" protest and never send it back, eventually someone has to make the effort and come to the house :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Childish I know but its my little protest :lol: :lol:

Enforcer, many thanks for that site I now know where the bloke that stole my car lives! The case fell through in spite of all the evidence as apparently the brief for the police got the wording wrong in court! The BiB were not best pleased, still he was held for about 2 months before the hearing. :angry:

Peter

That site doesn't show anything for me. There is a box on the electoral register you can check so you don't appear on the edited register. In theory these type of places should only be able to get the edited register. Judging by the results of my search the theory held up.

Guest micky bigthumbs

it got me even the phone number ..poor old richard and Dredd who have probably got lotts of admireres have got their addresses on the open net

Bloody hell

Phew  :rolleyes: The only thing they had for me was my Choir website  :lol:  :lol: 

So thats the evenings entertainment sorted for the Wales weekend. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barry

Big brother might not be watching...but he knows where you live!

Guest Drewsus

Hasn't got me either, but like Bill not very good at sending back the form! :o

Found out you could get details from 192.com as well if you register for free after someone decided to threaten my mum a few years back. In short turned out to be virtually impossible to keep your details private whilst executing your rights! :gdit:

And on the topic of security........I'd say an immobiliser would do it. An alarm will make lots of noise and be ignored! A decent immobiliser will Isolate at least to or more circuits making it hard for some one to start your car. But with any kind of time if they want it they'll have it, after all how many times has anyone questioned you for fiddling under the bonnet in a car park? :( :blink: :(

on the topic of security i think it would be worth someone making a gear lock for 7 type cars. on the quantum i had the gear lock was fitted as a factory option by quantum. all you could see on the car was a little barrel that stuck out 2 inches from the tunnel. stick it in gear, turn the lock and it stays only in that gear. so no fast get away if parked in the open, and if you parked it facing a wall, and put it in a forward gear it wont go anywhere. cant understand why these havent appeared for sevens, unless theres a technical reason.

as for the B4u website i agree with mitch (on the new thread) if it bothers you, suggest that there is a legal reason why they should remove you. One of the provisions of the Data Protection Act is that information kept about you is relvant and up to date. therefore if you found information that was out of date, as several have, you could threaten them with the law for failing to abide by this section of the act.

paul

Guest Darksphere

I ticked the "no publicity" box on my electoral form and it seems to have worked. This I am glad of.

What about these tax discs then? Anyone had one nicked?

I've just bought a 'secure' one from ebay, but they can never really be secure. I guess I don't have any intentions of parking the car up and leaving it for any great period of time. It might sit on the forecourt of a country pub whilst I maintain a discreet distance on a picnic table nursing my pint of orange juice, but right now that's about as far out of my reach as I'm prepared to let it go! ;)