Grrrrrrrrr Angry Mad Now!

Guest stu205

Guest Andy Hamilton

The whole Caterham snobbery is quite amazing. I have experienced it first hand and second hand. I was given a caterham grille for my hood by an ex-caterham owner. I think he sees it as a way of getting at the caterham crew, but the biggest amount of snobbery is in the 'kit car' label.

A colleague of mine is trying to sell his supersport 1600 caterham at the moment (if anyone is interested) built in 2004, nice car, lots of trick bits, but.......and here is the big but..... registered on a Q plate :D

The Caterham owners, appear to hate this, as this just purveys the exact story they are trying to avoid telling....... WE ARE ALL KIT CAR OWNERS..... caterhams are not production vehicles, they are all SVA'd.

Strangely enough, he is struggling to sell it to the hardcore caterham crew.

a few people even putting the phone down on him when mentioned.

If that isn't kit car snobbery, I don't know what is <_< <_<

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest megablade

One of my 'friends' owns a Caterham and when asked if going to Stoneleigh replied

"Why? I haven't got a kit car" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When we buy a Westie we have to buy a picnic hamper. when you buy a Caterham you have to buy an anorak!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest Trevor 2B
One of my 'friends' owns a Caterham and when asked if going to Stoneleigh replied

Don't believe that.... :huh:

You haven't got any friends...... :D

Guest timswait

I'd be the first to admit that Robin Hoods are heavy, undeniably use the Sierra back axle and in standard spec handle less well than most other sevens (but still better than most front wheel drive saloon cars). As has been said many times this is because they are built down to a price. Most of the other "cheap" ideas touted on that thread (ie Tiger, MNR, etc) still cost almost twice what a basic RH could be built for.

As for badges, who cares? (Except maybe the lawyers or other city bankers) I've got Ford, Lotus and Robin Hood badges on mine, and when I fit the new windscreen pillars it'll have "7" logos too!

I don't get the arguments between LSIS owners (and dare I say one or two of the comments here have been a bit overreactive?), a bit of freindly rivalry's OK, but why not leave the court battles to the manufacturers and just get on like one big happy Colin Chapman inspired family? :D

Guest dan8495

i have also had the caterham snobbery happen to me last week, i was unlucky to have a breakdown infront of a caterham and of course stop in the middle of the road.unlike myself who would stop for any seven driver he had to go round the roundabout and come back for a second look with a smile on his face!!! lucky for me the leicesteshire constaburaly towed me to saftey( thanks chaps!!) and i was able to sort the problem out and be on my way.i also had one follow me right up my arse for a few miles the other day in a vain attempt to show off im sure.

they really do think they are better than the rest and it does get on my t*ts!

hope everyone is enjoying the brilliant driving weather!!

Guest timswait

Probably just as well the Caterham driver didn't stop, he wouldn't have been able to help anyway! ;)

Dammit, now I'm getting dragged into taking the pi55 out of caterham drivers! :huh:

Guest captn Pugwash

Ive got a westie, and a exmo, the exmo is very much a kit car, it still needs finishing but I havnt got a picnic basket. :p :p ;)

Lower the anchor.

At the end of the day we are all enthusiats that like to drive our cars. IMHO.

Captn Pugwash.

Guest Jaffer

:o

I have always thought of Caterhams as being Kit cars that the owners can't build themselves!! :lol:

Jaff

Guest Quarks7

I've got Lotus badges on mine for the simple reason that it's a Lotus 7 replica. I don't think anybody actually thinks it's a real Lotus but it's stopped "stupid" people asking

"Is Robin Hood something to do with Robin Reliant?"

So given the choice of getting comments like that or offending the odd Lotus owner I'll take Lotus option every time. At the end of the day they are our cars and if we wanna badge them as Ferraris or Ladas "Go for it!"

Jez, you're highly unlikely to offend lotus 7 owners. They know many people want one, Colin Chapman didn't make enough to go round and there are lots of copies as a result.

If you own the real thing you don't need to join in the debate as to whose copy is the best.

Nigel

:o

I have always thought of Caterhams as being Kit cars that the owners can't build themselves!! :lol:

Jaff

:lol: :lol: :lol: superb :lol: :lol: :lol:

:huh: :( although i cant talk i never built mine :(

ek B)