Grrrrrrrrr Angry Mad Now!

Guest stu205

Guest stu205

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.a...273545&f=30&h=0

spot the caterham driver, yes I know the 7 grille isnt to everyones liking on here but I still maintain that its a LOTUS 7 replica just as a caterham is so there!!!

as for his comments on RH's being heavy and using all the doners original suspention can some one please take his head out of his ass for me so he can see whats going on in the kit car world im biting my tounge too hard to speak at the mo!!! :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit: :gdit:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry Stu, but cant see the problem, he hasnt said anything thats incorrect, Hoods are heavy, Rh are the only LSIS that use's the entire rear of the doner which is not excatly light.

He asked for peeps opinions thats what he got.

Mitch

sits back opens beer and waits for the flack :rolleyes:

Guest Ian & Carole

I fully agree with you

We all run 7's

They are called Lotus Seven Inspired Sports Cars (LSISC)

If you want to hang a 7 on your car then go for it.

Now if we all started hanging "LOTUS" badges on them, then that would be out of order, imho.

Ian J

does the 7 grille come from the lotus or caterhams? I've not seen a pic of a lotus 7 with that grille.

Yep, everyone has a replica of some sort, there were 7 style vehicles before colin chapman made them!

Yup, 2bs are heavier, especially with pintos, but as for the rest, there's not a huge amount of extra weight!

I must say that in the picture shown I fail to see the point of adding a Seven grill to a non seven. I would never put a Lotus badge on my Seven, because it is a Caterham and although I respect the heritage, Caterham have grown into a brand in their own right
This is a superb bit of reverse snobbery masquerading as purity. If he would never put a seven badge on his seven cos it's not a Lotus why does he refer to it as 'my seven'. Does he mean my Caterham. His true feelings shine like a supertrooper.

I wonder if he (or his man, whom he acknowledges is a jolly decent sort of chap, salt of the earth and all that) knows of a good garage who could change my battery for me.

Nigel

I'd love to see him go a couple of circuits of Barkstone with Dave Tilson.

Wow that one got us all going. Three other posts while I was writing mine!

Have posted aimed at the original guy,inviting him to come over here.

If the Caterham owner wants to be a pratt, let him, rise above it,

I have met owners of Caterhams who are great blokes, stop for a chat, turn around and offer assitance to Hoodies, even the Local AA man is a Caterham owner, and enjoys a chat when we meet. He even changed the diaframs in my carb for me when i broke down on the way back from reg at the dvla.

But even he says there are some stuckup pratts in the club.

Same goes for Westie owners, some are great blokes others are total badge snobs

I went to there local meet a couple of months ago, expecting to be cold shouldered, but no, great bunch, asked loads of quetions re car and even made me lineup for the club photo,

did slag me of on there forum for going before getting beers n though :D

You pays ya money............

Im happy with mine..............for now

Mitch

Hoods are heavy, Rh are the only LSIS that use's the entire rear of the doner which is not excatly light.

The reason for this is simple, it costs Robin Hood nothing, if they had to design and supply rear wishbones then we would pay for that in the kit price.

People ask me what car I am building and when I say "Robin Hood" they look blank so most of the time i can get away with a "Super Seven" by way of explanation.

I don't particually like the Robin Hood Archer and will probably use the new RHSC badges, I may or may not put a large 7 on the grill, I will put on an exhuast shield on and have not made up my mind on wether to put any script on it. I do have a wooden gear knob with a lotus badge on it which i am in two minds about.

At the end of the day The Robin Hood is a Lotus 7 replicar or at least pays homage to the original, it's my car and like everybody it will be a little different than the next mans. "Viva la difference"

Guest micky bigthumbs

I got lotus 7 badges all over mine..i said it before do i stick a nissan badge on or a ford badge...do cobra drivers all change their kit names to sierra granada or rover

imho :p

in the cupboard,under the stairs,we've got a HOOVER(i think)

it might be a dyson, it might be an electrolux, it may even be a panasonic

but at the end of the day it's still a hoover :wacko:

ek B)

Guest salty_monk

That'll be like sellotape then...

It's actually a legal argument, when a trademark becomes commonplace word for an item it can be re-classified no longer a trademark in theory....

:D

in the cupboard,under the stairs,we've got a HOOVER(i think)

it might be a dyson, it might be an electrolux, it may even be a panasonic

but at the end of the day it's still a hoover :wacko:

ek B)

Well I've got a KIRBY - stainless steel, power drive and a headlight! In fact not unlike my 2B :p

Testimony to a very persistent salesman and our inability to tell him to **** off!

(We live and learn) ^_^

Mind you it is a good 'hoover' :lol:

Guest crwoodford

I just read the entire 'Pistonheads' thread.... Sorry guys but I now believe all RH Owners are the salt of the earth and Caterham owners (at least one in particular) is a Tw@t!

(I can take a ban for than Mat no worries)

I would never put a Lotus badge on my Seven, because it is a Caterham

So it's not really a 'Seven' then, it's a Caterham?

Rhymes with a big iron thing that ships have either side of the bow!!

Jeeeese!! :gdit:

Col (Taunton)