Are You A "marked" Hoodie?

Big Jim

79 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Daren.F

I've tried to get the initiation mark of a hoody but my exhaust is'nt hot enough what is wrong with my car? Its not because I drive it carefully as demonstrated at Curborough.

Daren :p

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darren, thats just plain odd. First time I was flat out for fifteen minutes at night I thought my indicator was stuck on cos there was a bright red glow on the right of the car. Stuck my head over the side and the exhaust was orange all the way back to the silencer. Think I might have been running a bit lean or retarded. Certainly made me lift till the exhaust was a bit cooler!

Are you running a moped engine?

Nigel

Guest Daren.F

Nope just a 1.8 pinto with a standard RHE exhaust, I have not wraped the manifold in insulation but I do intend to.

The exhaust is noisy 93 db so I wonder if there is any packing left. but after a major thrash I can still touch the silencer with out leaving skin behind and play chicken by touching the tail pipe quickly.

Daren :)

it'll come! ;) give it about 2000 miles before there is no more packing left. Jim

Edited by Big Jim

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Battery Bill

Yesterday when I was connecting up the Live terminal on the battery to do a bit more wiring I noticed a burning smell, I could not see anthing obvious wrong but the smell was getting stronger, Then I got a stabbing pain in my left ankle and found the "Soldering Iron" had burnt its way through my trousers and socks and was starting on my skin. Ouch. Does that make me a marked future hoodie?

• 4 years later...

well after years of warning the kids to keep away from the exsausts, our Chris (8yr old grandson not Mrs Mitch)was showing the hood off to a mate and stuck his knee on mine, (he had dodged Andys cobra pipes as he was riding in that) so he now sat in A & E waiting to be seen,

if his brother hadnt have seen him jump and "grassed" on him the silly bugger wouldnt have said owt incase he got a rollocking too!!,

4 inch circle with centre beginning to blister, he did it good.

so now intend carrying a can of burn spray in seat for future incidents,

Mitch