Traffic Law - Vehicle Seizure

Guest red7

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nigel, Ian and Mick putting the world to rights - Rhocar's version of 'Last of the summer wine' :p

Only kidding guys ;) But now my brain aches, and after a long day hearding Mansfield's followers away from Shrewsbury's I am going for a cold beer and a lie down. B)

- Rhocar's version of 'Last of the summer wine' :p

Sorry Richard, but that title belongs in the Northwest. Geoffrey "Do-I", Mitch, and myself.

Geoff most definately being "Cleggy" with bits of Foggy & Compo running in Mitch & I. :D

Guest hypermick

I agree there are thousands upon thousands of decent kids, but it cant be denied that the lesser remainder are a source of social trouble.

When they have little respect for themselves it passes on to how they view people around them and thus theres no respect there either.

We have had schools where teachers have, on so many occasions been so frightened and intimidated by pupils they're forced to give up their much loved profession. Yet the teacher says one word out of place to chastise the child and theyre automatically taken to task over it,. and worse the child knows they can get away with it so they bahave just how ever they wish to.

Enforcer I know how difficult your job is,. I too have been there and done it but I'm not sure about this bit :

QUOTE :

You are less likely now to become a victim of crime than 20 years ago. Fact. This country is a far safer place to live, although the fear of crime has never been higher.

If the fear of crime is at its highest, surely the level of crime dictates this fear (otherwise there would be nothing to fear in the first place) , and if that is so, aren't you more likely therfore at this level to become a victim of crime ?

Or am I missing the point and in fact we're all just worring about nothing,. and hence "there is nothing to fear, only fear itself "

Im sorry, but try telling this to any 80 year old widow who's mugged in her own home, faced punched black and blue out of all recognition for her pension money, so some smack-head can get his next fix. The self same yob who would sooner doss around, rather than join in respectably as part of our society. He goes to court and the judge orders him to spend time at a YOI, where the do-gooders of this Government promptly ship him off to a sunnier clime because he's from a "deprived background", and never had a proper holiday.

This unfortunately is where your pay increase goes, which after all you do actually deserve.

So who's got it wrong ?

Mick

It is a fact that there is now less crime per capita than 20 years ago. The representation of the fear of crime comes from the British Crime Survey, which canvasses the public for their perceptions. It can't be ignored that many people just don't report their crimes.

On a lighter note, if you haven't yet tuned in, try watching 'Bad Lads' Army Extreme' - channel 4 on Tuesdays at 9pm. The young men 'recruited' into 1950s National Service are the very epitomy of the youth you describe - quite simply the most satisfying television I have ever seen! And the amazing thing is how they are invariably changed, turning against their past behaviour.

I know there has always been the 'bring back national service' argument, but this really makes its case!! :)

Guest Dredd
f the fear of crime is at its highest, surely the level of crime dictates this fear (otherwise there would be nothing to fear in the first place) , and if that is so, aren't you more likely therfore at this level to become a victim of crime ?

No, the level of crime does not dictate the level of fear. Studies have proven that the lack of social cohesion in communities, the fact that councils (and other agencies) often do not repair broken windows or bus shelters or phone boxes for weeks or months, contribute significantly to the fear of crime. Crime is declining across the country, however the difference these days is the presence of a 24 hour media and an increase in the confidence of the public to report crime. This all creates an environment where we hear of cases from across the country which in those halcyon days of Dock Green, the public at large would not have heard of.

but if the perception is that the police cannot / will not do anything, people wont bother reporting crimes, therefore they do not get logged as crimes. I'm not saying crime isn't decreasing, but it can't be possible to know the true rate of crime.

Personally, i've had stuff stolen a couple of months ago, and narrowly avoided being beaten up by a group of 3 lads after being jumped last week (thanks to my long legs). Did i report them? no. Why? because i don't beleive anything will be done about it, and it wouldn't acheive anything.

Guest John Walton

Ok, bored with crime, lets look at national sevice.

Having served the government in many areas of our armed services it is safe to say the national service is not wanted.

Currently in this country you volunteer to join.

Given the wet and windy attitude to the right off 'scrotes' in this country the whole idea is both unworkable and unwanted.

Just think of afformentioned scrote being told to get off his idle arse and attack an enemy position..................... well, he may ruin his well gelled hair and then report you to amnesty international.

lets keep it a full time profesional fighting force rather than forcing those who dont want to be ther to do so, they will only screw it up

Guest Nishka
lets keep it a full time profesional fighting force

Prefer to use the phrase 'fully voluntary professional fighting force' -_-

As there are 38,000 part time professionals who may take offence! :ph34r:

Nishka :ph34r:

Guest crwoodford
Dixon of Dock Green got shot didn't he?

Rich, your right, he did get shot, but I think Jack Warner (PC George Dixon) didn't get shot in the TV Series, he got shot in a film called 'The Blue Lamp', which I believe then spawned the TV Series 'Dixon Of Dock Green'.

Such a memorable Theme Tune that anyone older than 40 may remember... da da da - da da da da - da da da da da - da daaa daaa daaa ('Evening All' Priceless!)

Sorry if off topic.. just adding a little levity to a heavy discussion.

Cheers

Col (Taunton)

Guest TerryBarry
For the retired/of sick/unwaged amongst us Dixon is on once a week, radio 4 after womans hour, wednesdays 11.30am.

Nigel

I also hear that "Paul Temple" is back on Radio 4 - using original scripts and new actors.

Don't seem to be able to do "Coronation Scot "

Guest crwoodford
Col, for a musician, that reads more like Emerdale

Mitch... no no..surely your thinking of..

da da da da... da da da da da da da da.... da da da da.... da da da da da da da da....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes: ;)

Cant wait to meet you guys and sink a few.. I come out with even more cr@p when Iv'e had a drink!! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Col (Taunton)