• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest timswait
Then I will start eating my words

Would go nicely with the worms.

you cheap skate - go out and buy a copy

Can't afford it, spends too much on pre packed crates of worms!

Guest kitcarman

Actually Simon,

You shouldn’t necessarily believe everything you read in forums.

It’s true that we haven’t featured RH very often. That’s because Richard Stuart didn’t want us to; whilst the new owners haven’t asked us to.

In regard to what it contains, the September issue was 188 pages – split between 95 pages of editorial, 17 pages of second hand cars for sale, with the remaining 76 pages being advertising (2 pages of which were from RH). Full contents are listed at www.kit-cars.com

As to the argument. There hasn’t been one since February in either of the mags.

The October issue is out in a few days time. It’s in WHSmiths (nearly every branch). WHSmiths travel (nearly every railway station / port). It’s also available at Tescos and a very large number of independent newsagents.

Den

Guest rimexboy

well all got some mags today so happy reading and looking at the pictures as well i got Practical performance car, which kit car, and kit car, i was unable to get total kit car mag so will keep an eye out for a copy.

thanks again for all of your help in this i am now of for a look!!

thanks simon

Actually Simon,

You shouldn’t necessarily believe everything you read in forums.

It’s true that we haven’t featured RH very often. That’s because Richard Stuart didn’t want us to; whilst the new owners haven’t asked us to.

In regard to what it contains, the September issue was 188 pages – split between 95 pages of editorial, 17 pages of second hand cars for sale, with the remaining 76 pages being advertising (2 pages of which were from RH). Full contents are listed at www.kit-cars.com

As to the argument. There hasn’t been one since February in either of the mags.

The October issue is out in a few days time. It’s in WHSmiths (nearly every branch). WHSmiths travel (nearly every railway station / port). It’s also available at Tescos and a very large number of independent newsagents.

Den

and you shouldn't believe everything you read in mags either.

I believe that you and Filby with your petty squabbling, have done more damage to kitcars & the industry over the last few years than you obviously believe!

"Nothing since February" you mean you've still been bitching up until February this year!!!! bloody hell, that's lasted longer than Coronation street!!

now lets look at those 188 pages......................

There's normally a good 4 or 5 pages of name calling about the afore-said Filby. which is the biggest turn off ever for something that's supposed to be a professional mag.

17 pages of second-hand cars........ usually double printed, with most of them the same as the previous month.

76 pages of adverts, and some................. don't forget the part pages!

So that's a good half of it full of crap, and the rest of it it either about kits that only those with more money than sense are interested in, or it's the same cars that Filby is doing spreads on as well.

For value for money now-a-days................. it isn't! and that's why your sales have gone through the floor!!

and in my opinion, the both of you deserve each other!

Jim

Guest kitcarman

You’re a very sad man Jim!

What I said was factual.

What you’ve just said is bitter, twisted and inaccurate. The news in the September issue concerned the new Sylva Mojo 1600 SE; the rescue of Luego and new body panel kit for an MX5 – all at the bottom price end of the market. In respect to features; we covered the DAKAR conversion for a Range Rover, the Midas range of Metro based kits; the MIRACH; the MK range and the new Mongoose. These are all in the lower echelons so far as price is concerned, with the last one being even cheaper than the cheapest Robin Hood.

Even your periphery points are garbage. Yes, classified ads ARE run for two months – just like it says on the box! No, Kit Car magazine’s sales aren’t going through the floor; in point of fact we’re actually experiencing the highest growth in sales for years. Tesco’s alone have increased readership by nearly 1000 copies; so much so that they’re taking it into more of their stores for the next issue.

So why do you criticise what you obviously haven’t read and in terms that you clearly don’t even understand, supported with data that’s fictional?

Den

Thanks Mat d Rat for your support earlier.

I’m just a normal guy like others on this Forum. I get grease under my fingernails as most of you do. I didn’t ask for Pilgrim to be attacked in the way that it was and would very much preferred if it hadn’t turned into the fight that emerged. However, that’s in the past and I’d like to move on. Difficult when chaps like Jim continually harp back to past events whilst referring to out-of-date statistics.

Guest Battery Bill

Den

I didn’t ask for Pilgrim to be attacked in the way that it was and would very much preferred if it hadn’t turned into the fight that emerged. However, that’s in the past

Difficult when chaps like Jim continually harp back to past

Pot..... Kettle :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest chris brown

You’ve got it about right Jim

Pot..... Kettle
Well put Bill

You may have guessed I gave up buying the mags as well due to the Cr%& that’s in them

The sad thing is Den that my wardrobe is still stuffed with every copy of Which Kit and Kit Car from 1998ish to about 2003 when I got so fed up with it that I haven't bought one since. I remain a Kit Car fanatic but buy PPC. These are all facts as well. Draw your own conclusions.

Nigel

ps I miss them and all the usefull stuff they used to contain. Occasionaly pick one up in Smiths and think 'OMG they're still at it.' Haven't even glanced at one this year. Please just be happy in yourself and enjoy making your mag.