Kit Car Magazine

Guest rimexboy

I have to admit that I stopped buying the mags 2 years ago because of all the mutual slagging's off of each other, so they were still doing it in Feb of this year :blink: look's like I made the right decision then :D I nearly cut it out of the mag, sent it back and asked for a refund on that particular bit :D

I do enjoy all the mechanical stuff, how to change the clutch in your Pinto, mating a Rover V8 to a type 9 etc...

If the slaggings have stopped then I might even get one again :) I'm going to Tesco this afternoon so I'll take a look for 'Kit Car'.

Oh and thanks for the input Den :rolleyes:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit that I used to subscribe to KitCar magazine, and that the bickering in it led me to give up (it got very boring). However I did buy which kit (Sept 2006) issue while on holiday for somehting to read. And thankfully only one dige at which kit, apart form that it wasn't a bad read.

Guest kitcarman
I'll admit that I used to subscribe to KitCar magazine, and that the bickering in it led me to give up (it got very boring).

Matthew,

Your subscription to Kit Car lapsed with the February 2001 issue.

The VERY first mention of Filby in Kit Car was in the May 2003 issue.

Just trying to keep things factual.

Den

Guest Jonny Norn Iron

Is it strictly 'accurate' to say that the argument hasn't been going since February?? :unsure: :unsure:

I do still buy Which Kit Car (much better read), but gave up on Kit Car purely because of the paper wasted on this petty feud. I did leaf through a copy in a newsagents back in July or so and I could swear I still saw petty comments about a certain budget, BMW based Cobra replica.

Or did I imagine that :closedeyes:

John

So you clicked on Mat's profile and cross referenced his details against your own database and published the personal information (when his subscription lapsed) on here. This sort of thing ends up in a flame war, lots of accusations with swift retorts which ends up in the thread becoming locked. I can now understand why there was so much slagging in the magazine.

I'm still going to Tesco at lunchtime so I'll still have a look at the mag though :D

Is this a productive use of your time Den. It just seems that you might have more important things to be doing than correcting minor details in posts by board members who are telling you they no longer buy any kit car mags. I don't expect many of us will accept that we were wrong and start buying them again.

You and he have behaved like a married couple having an acrimonius divorce, spending thousands in court over who gets the vase you bought in Majorca on your honeymoon and sneaking round in the night to key each others cars. Your 'friends and kids' have been hurt in the process and have got totaly sick of both of you. Grow up, smell the coffee and move on. There will always be cause for anger but you can't change the past and its a pain in the proverbial for you and us to keep reliving it. We opted out. About time you did.

I'm delighted that Tescos is proving profitable for you but they're selling to browsers who don't have a serious long term interest in kit cars. That's a precarious customer base. You used to have a solid one. Get it back by producing a mag we will want to buy again.

Nigel

Actually although some of these details are a little specific everyone is entitled to their opinion.

This is an open forum and I welcome the opportunity to hear both sides of any story. Welcome to the forum Den.

I for one don't buy any regularly so can't comment, although I always tend to agree with Nigel, cos he is always so logical, pragmatic (and he makes me laff).

You’re a very sad man Jim!

What I said was factual.

What you’ve just said is bitter, twisted and inaccurate. The news in the September issue concerned the new Sylva Mojo 1600 SE; the rescue of Luego and new body panel kit for an MX5 – all at the bottom price end of the market. In respect to features; we covered the DAKAR conversion for a Range Rover, the Midas range of Metro based kits; the MIRACH; the MK range and the new Mongoose. These are all in the lower echelons so far as price is concerned, with the last one being even cheaper than the cheapest Robin Hood.

Even your periphery points are garbage. Yes, classified ads ARE run for two months – just like it says on the box! No, Kit Car magazine’s sales aren’t going through the floor; in point of fact we’re actually experiencing the highest growth in sales for years. Tesco’s alone have increased readership by nearly 1000 copies; so much so that they’re taking it into more of their stores for the next issue.

So why do you criticise what you obviously haven’t read and in terms that you clearly don’t even understand, supported with data that’s fictional?

Den

. chaps like Jim continually harp back to past events whilst referring to out-of-date statistics.

well Den, I'll continue to be sad, because if I'm sad, God knows what you & Fliby are!!!

You say that the slagging match only started in 2003, but it's 2006 now for Christs sake! that's near enough 3 years of childish behavour!!

Funily enough, I actually agreed with you at first, I thought that what had happened was out of order, but you just didn't know when to stop. 3 years! 3 bloody years!!!!

I've not bought your mag for over 12 months now, and the last time I did, you actually mentioned the sales figures, they were going DOWN, not up, you even started giving mags away to people on another Forum to get them interested. I remember you getting suspended from that forum as well! or am I just sad at remembering that? you still couldn't let it drop there either, have they got fed up with you now then? So any increase from as low as the sales must have gone to, will always look good.

As for you running an article about a kit or two that you think is at the lower end of the price range, my comment to that is "One swallow doesn't a summer make!"

You have the nerve to say that I shouldn't go on about past events!!!

start producing a good mag again, then when someone actually praises it, I might even buy one, untill then, forget it!

Guest kitcarman

Come on Jim,

Get your facts right!

”You say that the slagging match only started in 2003”

No I didn’t. I said that Kit Car’s first response to Which Kit’s slagging was in 2003. Which Kit actually started slagging Pilgrim in 1998 then piled into Kit Car – about the time you had your first shave.

”Funily enough, I actually agreed with you at first, I thought that what had happened was out of order….”

You were right, and Filby continues to attack others in the same way. Even Richard Stuart got attacked by him – it was one of the reasons he sold-up. So heated was the episode that Sally had to get between them to break up the party!

”I've not bought your mag for over 12 months now, and the last time I did, you actually mentioned the sales figures, they were going DOWN, not up, you even started giving mags away to people on another Forum to get them interested. I remember you getting suspended from that forum as well! or am I just sad at remembering that?”

What’s sad Jim, is your lack of recall and pathetic distortions of chronology. I offered free mags in 2003. All magazines sales declined in 2005. I couldn’t have offered free magazines in a forum from which I was barred – could I?

”As for you running an article about a kit or two that you think is at the lower end of the price range, my comment to that is "One swallow doesn't a summer make!"”

There endeth the sermon of the man who hasn’t even read a recent copy!

I thought the purpose of a moderator was to ensure members posted accurately, fairly and politely? Am I wrong?

Den

Guest Battery Bill
I thought the purpose of a moderator was to ensure members posted accurately, fairly and politely? Am I wrong?

Den

They are also there to stop agressive and abusive posts, and In my opinion they do a pretty good job, but you cant expect them to stop members posting their opinions, whilst letting yours go!!!

If you are a writer on one of these magazines don't you think you are going about getting support the wrong way?

I'm pretty sure anyone who was thinking of buying a mag would be put off by your behaviour :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

about the time you had your first shave.

Now in my opinion that is "Abuse" nothing else just abuse.

Goodbye :ph34r:

The VERY first mention of Filby in Kit Car was in the May 2003 issue.

Den

You said it, not I!

Just for you JUNIOR, I've put my actual birthday in my profile,(never let on to this lot before!!) so I was working for a living when you were still at primary school. (That shows that you don't even know me! let alone the bit about shaving!)

No-one else has mentioned any argument with filby in public, never mind gone on for so long about it as you have, YOU'VE made people sick to the back teeth of it.

ALL mag sales, don't you mean yours & Filby's? you've been told enough times why!

I know that you were suspended on the other forum for a while, but then I believe you came back, and I'm afraid I'd had by belly-full by then. Did you get banned as well? dear-dear, wonder why?

I've already said that I won't be buying either mags until someone actually says that it's worth a read.

Now I'll invite you to put your hand up, say "enough is enough" and that'll be it, because we won't let this get out of hand.

Jim