Annoucement Rh

Guest RJHALL

The Assets of Robin Hood Sports Car have been acquired by a new company called GBS (Great British Sports Cars Ltd) as of yesterday, the new company will be trading from monday. More details to follow on monday 25th.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Assets of Robin Hood Sports Car have been acquired by a new company called GBS (Great British Sports Cars Ltd) as of yesterday, the new company will be trading from monday. More details to follow on monday 25th.

This is in sync w/ that Westfield rumor from April....here is a quote:

"In February 2006, Mr Segal reached an agreement with the owner of Westfield to buy that company for a fixed consideration on agreed terms. Great British Sports Cars ("GBS") will be formed for the purpose of acquiring Westfield and Robin Hood thus consolidating and dominating the British kit car industry".

Thus, one obvious conclusion is that Segal has moved RHSC out from under the problems of the parent company to another company he owns, that way allowing RHSC to continue to operate w/out being dragged down by the parent company's insolvancy.

Here's the link to the westfield rumor from april:

http://boardroom.wscc.co.uk/cgi-bin/ikonbo...=ST;f=1;t=39540

Guest hypermick

It will be very interesting to see how this set up works. I can't for one minute envisage Westfield prices coming down (parts are so hideously expensive from them) or for that matter the quality of parts for Hoodies going up, without the prices increasing accordingly.

Mick

Edited by hypermick

It will be very interesting to see how this set up works. I can't for one minute envisage Westfield prices coming down (parts are so hideously expensive from them) or for that matter the quality of parts for Hoodies going up, without the prices increasing accordingly.

Mick

Oh, i am not convinced that the Westfield part of the rumor is true, i am just saying that the company mentioned is one that was previously mentioned as belonging to Segal. ie, this may just be a moving around of RHSC in order to allow it to operate, instead of a 3rd party taking it over.

Guest hypermick

Frankly I couldn't care less who's bought it, -_- unless you have a vested interest in it , its immaterial. I just hope it can continue to trade :) so that those, particularly, who are short of collection day parts :( can obtain them :D .

As for the cars themselves,. its an interesting project but thats all it is. <_< When mine is finished I'll use it and enjoy it, :) and remain a participant of the forum for the sake of helping others where I can, ;) but I wont be buying another one, though I might well buy a similar kit from another manufacturer. ^_^

Mick

Guest chris brown

Congratulations to Ian and Richard on there purchase of RHSC and I for one wish you all the best.

hypermick

Frankly I couldn't care less who's bought it,
well some of us do care and would hate it to fold just because it was sold to someone who just wanted the site. Unlike you who is just a hanger on using sites without being a member.
but I wont be buying another one
Good I for one wont miss you.