Llandow

Les Welsher

Guest Mike Coombs

i had an amazing time in my golf, well pleased with how the car went apart from 140degree oil temps and losing 2nd gear half way through the day. thanks to those who donated nuts and bolts to the car throughout the day to replace those that err ahem, fell off! big thanks to the organisors for getting it at that price and letting me come even though i dont have a robin hood! i obviously dont know the ins and outs of how you get it so cheap but it would be a shame not to do it again and if getting numbers up is a problem you should maybe look at combining with another club - for example clubgti (www.clubgti.com/forum) a few people from there go to llandow with the welsh performance car club and pay a lot more for it

Mike

oh and sheffield to llandow was definately not too far for the amount of fun that was

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest John Walton

Hi Mike, dont know if this was your first taste of the things that are Robin Hood, but very pleased that you had a great day.

This is definately not a snobby type of club, drive what you like.

But stay in touch with the club, if you like cars, beer and generally taking the Pi** and having a laugh, this could be the place for you

Guest Battery Bill

John

Mike has also made the effort to travel to a couple of Barkston events :D :D

Got to say how much we all enjoyed the day and thanks a lot for the organising, Please do it again, but take non returnable deposits from people to make sure the club does not lose out again!

What a great day. I admit setting off in the pouring rain on friday it didn't look too promising but to wake to blue skies, brilliant. Had a nice tour of Barry seafront in the morning on the way (why are welsh road signs so bad) and arrived with a full tank of gas. Lunch in the onsite cafe was spot on and just had time to pop out for £20 more petrol for the afternoon. I worked out I used about 6 gallons on track! That represents a wicked amount of fun. Now I just need to get it to rev over 5000 and replace the left rear tyre and I'm ready for the next one. Anywhere within 500 miles will be fine.

Thanks to John and Tim. Superb!

Nigel

Guest Ace Fettler

Just a quick note to ay thanks to Tim and John for organising another fantastic day. Those that didnt go missed a great day. As always the folks at Llandow made us welcome and the day was run in a very relaxed manner. The westy ran well all day, the only fettling required was an adjustment to the tyre pressures after the first few laps and to refuel during the lunch break. Once again thanks to all for organising and I for one would be up for another long track event if one could be organised. Role on Barkston next year!!

Richard

Guest timswait

Brilliant day, got round to putting some of the highlights into a video:

In car footage including:

Following and passing Sir Chris and Steve

Following and being left behind by the Evo

Getting a tad sideways.

Mike trying out a novel aerodynamic aid for his Golf! :p

Out of car footage including:

Me getting a tad sideways again

Steve "mobile chicane" DOHC holding up no fewer than five cars at once!

Bill wallowing about in the Mondeo trying to pass him, demonstarting how to wear out a front left tyre in 24 hours!

Incedentally, who was the person in the High Viz tabard taking photos from the outside of Devils elbow? Wouldn't mind seeing how some of those came out, I think I had quite a nice drift around that corner a couple of times...

Guest erichetherington

It was John, who was riding round with me, taking pictures. Now if someone would be kind enough to explain to a complete duffer how to post pictures I'll have a go! :wub:. At the moment they are on Adobe 3 if that is of any use.

Guest timswait
Now if someone would be kind enough to explain to a complete duffer how to post pictures I'll have a go!

You can add photos to your posts on this board. Use the file attachments box under where you type your replies. Click browse, find the files on your computer and then click "Add this attachment". You only have about 1.5MB for uploading files, which isn't very many large photos, so it's best to resize them smaller before you upload them, you can do this in Adobe (just make sure you don't save the resized one over the top of your originals).

If you want to put up more photos on at higher resolution then register an account with a photo sharing site such as flickr or photobucket, upload them onto that and then paste a link onto this board.

Hope that helps.

Guest salty_monk

Eric,

What was you driving? Didn't realise you was there :D

My missus & my mum were out there at the end of the day in high vis, the digi pics are too far away, mum couldn't work the zoom, the missus's are on 35mm so we'll have to wait & see....

John - Tim, great day, second time for me at Llandow. Price with WPCE was about the same but it was in Feb & I drove up in the snow... think it's gone up a bit now though.

Brands Hatch are running some full days at £99 that might be another option, peops can book independently & just meet up there.

If I can travel 6000 miles & then drive the last 220 at 5am on my honeymoon I'm sure it can't be too far for anyone..... :D

Dan :)

Guest Battery Bill

Dan

What was you driving? Didn't realise you was there

He was in the Saab Automatic that like a lot of others kept getting slowed up by the "Purple Diesel DOHC Hood" :lol: :lol:

Tim, You were lucky Sir Chris never indicated to let me past :lol: :lol: even after nearly "T Boning" us(Doing a Les) at the first corner

can we download the vid from that site ?

Cheers

Bill

Guest salty_monk

Didn't Sir Chris come up the side of my car at the bus stop too?? I wasn't driving, dad with mum on a passenger lap. Looked a bit hairy!! Must have had red fever :D

My car was the only one to be towed off track :lol: Luckily I was back at base drinking tea then too :D

Soon fixed with the help of a new jubilee from Chris, the brass fuel connector pin parted company with the DGAS & shot petrol all over the engine bay :D

Guest erichetherington

Dan,

Yes that was me in the auto Saab :) too busy testing the ABS to change gear as well :lol:

Tim,

I think I understand your instructions :wub: still working on photos. :mellow: Watch this space!

I pulled over to let Sir Chris by :rolleyes: I know my place ^_^

[quote

Soon fixed with the help of a new jubilee from Chris, the brass fuel connector pin parted company with the DGAS & shot petrol all over the engine bay :D

what holds the brass bit in dan ?, thats the second hood i know of that the connection has fell out, the other one caught fire :(

Guest chris brown
what holds the brass bit in
It’s just an interference fit Dave and yes I have seen several come out but never seen one catch fire.

Salty

My apologies to your Mum and Dad it was a case of the old red mist but at least I got past the (ford) mobile chicane :p :p :p :wub:

Guest timswait
Soon fixed with the help of a new jubilee from Chris, the brass fuel connector pin parted company with the DGAS & shot petrol all over the engine bay biggrin.gif

Chris was also on hand to offer his advice, in between puffs on his cigarette! :blink: