Seeing Stars

spg

OK Stu, I'm now running Firefox and reading this page. It doesn't look any different. The snow is snowing. I can see the page. If this comes up I can post. Nice to have this spell checked as I type. Almost worth it just for that feature alone. Strange that the dictionary doesn't like the word firefox!

I don't get it. It works fine. IE7 works fine. What do you do with firefox that you can't do with IE7?

Nigel

The only difference is it's snowing a bit heavier in firefox.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest timswait
The only difference is it's snowing a bit heavier in firefox.

Isn't that enough? :p

Another advantage is there's fewer viruses, malware etc for Firefox, largely because fewer people use Firefox so not so many hackers bother making viruses to exploit it's loopholes.

Nigel: Your broadband problem sounds a bit like an intermittent one my parents get. Could you PM me the fix for it so I can forward it onto them?

Tim

Tim, the instructions for resetting the frequency of the modem are I think specific to the modem I have from Blueyonder. Scientific Atlanta Webstar DPX 100/110. Presumably all modems can have their frequencies adjusted. If your folks have a webstar modem then no problem. Can you check.

It has certainly more than doubled my download speed.

Nigel

What do you do with firefox that you can't do with IE7?

as Tim says but it also uses allot less of your pc's resources and if you go onto https://addons.mozilla.org/ there are thousands of additional plugins that you can add and different skins, Id recommend adblock plus stops allsorts of crap! All in all its allot more user friendly than Bills version

Guest chris n's missus

i like the snowflakes as background on the title headers and the father christmas hat on the rhocar community logo too. i love christmas and can't wait for the big day :D :D

Guest ScotMac

IE has been playing catchup w/ FF (and Opera now) for quite some time. FF was first to have pop-up blocking, tabbing, extensions, skins, ... combined w/ a the fact that it is a l/w, streamlined, fast, no-nonsense browser. :)

Nigel, try the tabbed browsing. It really adds to the browsing experience. IE just added it w/ v7, after FF has had it for many years.

Anyway, the discussion has become somewhat "religious" at this point....kinda like emacs vs. vi...w/ everyone having their own pet/favorite browser, for personal reasons....all i can say is DEATH TO MICROSOFT!!! :D :D :D