24v Cossie Engine Question.

Guest boggie

Hi Boggie

Going back to you're original question about the 24v cossie, I have found this Capri with a tuned 24v kicking out 500BHP!!!, you mention you buget of 2k, the car is for sale for £2200, say's it recorded 3.5 sec 0-60 and over 200mph at santa pod.

Does this fit the bill???

see link usual disclaimer, nowt todo with me..............................

http://www.kitbitz.co.uk/viewitem.php?id=256

Mitch

:wacko: Putting an engine with OVER 500 BHP in a kit car that weighs just over 500KG is lunacy! - I LIKE IT!!

However, The wife will be driving it too and she told me not to go too mad this time so I guess 1 BHP per Kg is a little too far. But I still like it!

Try a 2.0 3sge Toyota MR2 Mk2 engine normally aspirated 174bhp. Engine is nice and light it hits limiter at 7200rpm. There are lots of performance spares available.

I've got this engine in my MR2. It takes the car to 60 in the low 7s car weighs 1300kg. Imagine it in a 750kg hood. They're not too expensive either. I know of a company that supplies them.

They are non-interference ie no worries about cam belt snapping doing damage.

The alternative is a slightly more expensive 3sgte forced induction. standard 245bhp up the boost with a controller and you can safely and reliably get 300bhp+

Hey maybe if I write off the MR2 I'll use the engine for the greater good. <_<

Guest boggie

Blimey! - I just talked to Cyclone. They produce a V8 bottom end to which they attach 2 brand new Yamaha R1 engines. The complete engine only weighs 72KG with ancilaries and puts out over 300BHP! Fitted into a Fury the overall weight of the car would be 540KG total, that means a power to weight of around 600 BHP/Tonne!! The downside? They want FOURTEEN grand for it! AR$E!!

Thanks for the info Peter, it's a fabulous idea but way, way out of my range. However I have asked them to quote me a price for just the bottom end as I have found a breaker who has agreed to sell me two R1 engines without gearboxes for £1200.....It's worth a try!

Boggie

Guest paul thompson

The Phantom Factory is just up the road to me in Brum, I went to their factory to try and sell them powered steering (I'll be going back there again soon). The car is very nice, the tax was up on the demonstrator so couldn't co out in it (shame) they had 3 in production while I was there but they only sold 12 cars last year. They are quite expensive but well finished. They are currently dumping the rover motor for the ford V6 Duratec, the non turbo charged version of what is in the Noble M12, (see pics here

http://www.zf-group.co.uk/news/news_curren...eeringnoble.htm )

and the Marcos as well as the ST 220 Modeo) When that's done I'll try and sell them a power steer system with variable ratio rack and possibly an electric steering pump. Anyone else interested?