Told "not" To Post

Guest vacinc

Guest vacinc

just to say good bye to all, what a great site blaa blaa blaaaa

i loved the crack, the info, pictures etc

the wined up"s hehee,

i hope it goes from strength to strength

whats the point of a form, if you can not post, the posting makes the form,

im a member of a few other forms, 14 in total, ive never had a complaint, about posting to much ?

the reason there are quite alot of posts belonging to me, is simple, i spend a lot of time at a computer, and post alot hehee , but alass i am now going to stop, i"ll just stay in the back ground

and laugh at Jon Bradbury jokes, ( NOT )

Edited by vacinc

just to say good bye to all, what a great site blaa blaa blaaaa

i loved the crack, the info, pictures etc

the wined up"s hehee,

i hope it goes from strength to strength

I will respond to this. I politely asked you to reduce the amount of junk you were posting some time ago, and you responded "point taken". Since then, you have ignored my request. I then (as you have shown) asked you to persist. There's nothing personal here, and I'm sorry if you feel the need to disengage yourself from the site.

Best wishes

Jon Bradbury

Guest Phil_h

I thought Vacinc posted some good stuff today - one mans junk and all that.... (I suppose some posts could have been removed ?). Loved the shell/ferrari video. I didn't much like the happy slapping one though but its no big deal.

I do appreciate the moderators do a difficult job with little thanks for ensuring the board can function but in a board marked "humour and links to other pages" I'm struggling to see what Vacinc was pulled up for today.

Come on guys kiss and make up (or a manly handshake if you prefer) we have lost too many major contributors over the last year.

Guest vacinc
I thought Vacinc posted some good stuff today - one mans junk and all that.... (I suppose some posts could have been removed ?). Loved the shell/ferrari video. I didn't much like the happy slapping one though but its no big deal.

I do appreciate the moderators do a difficult job with little thanks for ensuring the board can function but in a board marked "humour and links to other pages" I'm struggling to see what Vacinc was pulled up for today.

Come on guys kiss and make up (or a manly handshake if you prefer) we have lost too many major contributors over the last year.

well sayed, but im still not playing

Please read the forum posting rules, especially the bit about moderating. I have tried to explain myself here and in another thread of vacinc's as any reasonable person would have done even though I am not obliged to do so, and I have discussed (at length) the situation with other moderators, and I have kept it civil and without making it personal.

At the end of the day, vacinc, if you don't like the moderating regime on this site you have a remedy. Anyone that misses your links can go look at YouTube.

the moderators do a difficult job with little thanks

You mean "no thanks whatsoever but lots of flack if anyone disagrees". As you can see here. And the job is being made harder by prodigious outputs of junk posts which is why I want to see it curtailed.

we have lost too many major contributors over the last year

What exactly is he contributing?

Guest tom2b

I dont see what the problem is, this part of the forum is here for a reason and Vacinc hasnt broken the rules. I know mods have a hard job to do (i used to be one on another site) but i do think Jon has taken too hard a line on this one.

Perhaps a solution is not to include the 'humour' posts in the Active Topics list, which I think a lot of people use to browse the site. That way someone browsing for Hoodie subjects would never come into contact with the humour stuff, unless they specifically wanted to look for it, in which case they know to go to the relevent section. :)

It was not Johns sole decision, this has been discussed in the mods section for a while, whilst we all want to log on and have a laugh and a "chat" about non hoods topics, Vacinis post where mainly links to other sites and vid clips, and was asked to post less links, this didnt seem to have an effect so has been asked again, which hes now taken badly,

were not saying dont post links, but can we vary the amount, most of us have got to know each other through RHOCAR but posting links isnt contributing to the chat and discussions in the club,

Now lets get back to being a great club with an excellent social interaction,

As for more Mods, the Mods are really area secs and are main priority is to be a point of contact for our own areas,for members to contact each other and arrange meets runs ect, the moderating of the site is secondary.

Mitch

I dont see what the problem is, this part of the forum is here for a reason and Vacinc hasnt broken the rules. I know mods have a hard job to do (i used to be one on another site) but i do think Jon has taken too hard a line on this one.

Tom,

You may be right about me taking a hard line, but if you re-read my posts, you'll see that I did not initially ask him to stop altogether, merely to reduce the quantity. That is a reasonable request. I only asked a complete stop when I realised he'd basically ignored me, and (as you can see) I did discuss it with the other moderators first.

One of the reasons I take the moderating job seriously is because I have not been too hot on the arranging meets for my local club members, so I am contributing time in another way. The other thing is at the moment I do have enough time to do a good job of moderating, or at least a thorough job. There's no chance of some boss looking over my shoulder catching me doing something I shouldn't, because I am out of work at the moment.

Cheers

JonB

Perhaps a solution is not to include the 'humour' posts in the Active Topics list, which I think a lot of people use to browse the site. That way someone browsing for Hoodie subjects would never come into contact with the humour stuff, unless they specifically wanted to look for it, in which case they know to go to the relevent section. :)

That's exactly what I proposed when the forum was first suggested, but in hindsight it would be harder to police like that.

Vacinc

I've asked you before to post less junk on the RHOCaR forum. I am asking you again. Please give it a rest!

Thanks

Jon Bradbury

I would not read the pm above (your download) as telling you not to post at all. There are three short sentences, two of which 'ask' and one pleads about posting less junk. Not clear where you get told anything. As a mature adult in a community what do you wish to achieve by making the above posting? Why not just accept the request and post less junk but continue as an active forum member.

well sayed, but im still not playing
It's your ball and you're taking it home?

Nigel