Insurance

Guest Tim Norman

Guest Kieran

My renewal with Roadsure was £400. Been on site, and typed everything in all new and quote was £222.

<_<

27 year old, 6 points speeding, no no claims. (used else where).

Bargain..... :lol:

Kieran :wacko:

Guest Vic & Wendy

:p Phoned several companies and Graham Sykes came out on top £168 fully comp for me and Wendy, 30 days European travel, 7000 miles and 100 excess not bad for a first time insurer of a kit (i think ). next nearist quote was roadsure £231.

Vic

Guest mark kingston

just got quote from adrian flux for £113 for 2.1 2B.

age 43 no points or convictions, clean record.

3000 miles a year fully comp.

it did include road rage and driver and passemger accident insurance which if i dont want will reduce it to £100.

Guest mark kingston

yer i thought what the *bleep* does that cover you for???

i can only think that it covers your legal bills if you lose it and belt some silly prat who has annoyed you???

so i defo will not be needing that then.

i think it is yet just another of the insurance company charges for somethng you are not going to need but that will buy their beers at the staffs xmas party.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mark kingston

as the renewal date was not till 1st july i have just renewed it with adrian flux for £113 including legal expenses and road rage cover.

the documents arrived today , imagine my horror when upon reading the proposal form and insurance schedule to see the car listed as a reliant robin lx 850cc?????

after phoning them i am assured the right documentation is now on the way to me.

the explanation was that the computer automatically picks the reliant when entering the robinhood's details and they then have to manually override it to the details od the hood and it appears that this step got skipped with my paper work.

:lol: B) :blink: :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Andrew M

Hello all,

I have recently brought a Robin Hood and I have managed to get insurange with Adrain Flux (they where the only ones I could find to cover the car) and I have just paid £247.00, this was with full no claims and living in Gloucester.

I will be trying the one recomended in the article next year.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hello all,

I have recently brought a Robin Hood and I have managed to get insurange with Adrain Flux (they where the only ones I could find to cover the car) and I have just paid £247.00, this was with full no claims and living in Gloucester.

I will be trying the one recomended in the article next year.

Thanks

Just put my 2 litre Pinto Series III Hood on the road after a 6 month refurb. Flux quoted £144. Backford Bloor quoted £130. Roadsure quoted £112............ and got my business!

:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I sorted out my insurance today with Adrian Flux. They were the only company I could find that offered a fully comprehensive policy for a 20 year old. The car is a 1.6 litre 2B/4, limited to 3000 miles per year and I haven't got any NCB. It came to £500 including full EU breakdown cover and home-start. I'm also covered on the chassis number for a month until it's registered. Considering that the last time I checked with them about a year ago I was quoted over a grand, I'm very pleased. :D Hopefully It will get even better next year when I'm 21 and I can shop around a bit more. The guy at AF was very helpful and made sure that I won't have to pay the usual £25 admin charge when I move house next month.

Edward

• 4 months later...

Well, i was running out of miles on my insurance (5k). To increase it to an unlimited milage cost me an impressive £38. Goes to show that limited milage might not make all that much difference!

Thanks Fluxy :D That made my day!

• 3 months later...
Guest allenr03

I insured my Superspec today on the chassis number for SVA and a pre SVA MOT check and it cost me £235 fully comp but limited to 3000 miles which I think I might need to change!!

Looking at this thread that seems quite expensive.

Engine is 2.0l Rover @ 136bhp. I'm 36 clean licence, no accidents, max NCB, ok postcode, £12k agreed value. (It isn't standard - lots of nice shiny bits!)

I wish I had seen this thread before this now!!

Rich

Guest docter fox

I'm a poor 19 year old student and now £413 lighter! why do I seem happy about this? it means I'm keeping it for a while longer :D

I'm a poor 19 year old student and now £413 lighter! why do I seem happy about this? it means I'm keeping it for a while longer :D

Congratulations!!! :D

• 3 months later...
Guest Oni-Kage
Hi,

I sorted out my insurance today with Adrian Flux. They were the only company I could find that offered a fully comprehensive policy for a 20 year old. The car is a 1.6 litre 2B/4, limited to 3000 miles per year and I haven't got any NCB. It came to £500 including full EU breakdown cover and home-start. I'm also covered on the chassis number for a month until it's registered. Considering that the last time I checked with them about a year ago I was quoted over a grand, I'm very pleased. :D Hopefully It will get even better next year when I'm 21 and I can shop around a bit more. The guy at AF was very helpful and made sure that I won't have to pay the usual £25 admin charge when I move house next month.

Edward

Wow! Sounds awesome! I'm 20 in October (told em I was already 20 just to check cause I havn't passed my test and prob wont till the end of the year) and got an online quote off them and said it had a 1ltr engine and limited to 5000 and got an e-mail saying £1800!!! I need to ring them again lol. If a 1.6 can be cheaper!!! lol

Edited by Oni-Kage