My Credit Cards Been To Hungary Without Me!

Snapperpaul

Keep your eyes on your credit cards they go on vacations when you are not looking.

A strange statement entry on my card caused me to enquire further, first the description was for a London Ticket agency but was valued in HUF, they first refunded £15.68 (5,495 HUF) then debited £93.21 (33,072 @ 354.8117) i was now a little more than curious, turns out the transaction was made in Hungary, now i travel a lot but i have never been to Hungary.

Card now cancelled and cut up, refund on the way.

I got my bill last week, two items, both for £20 euros, one was for a "free" vista upgrade disc for my laptop, the other i had no idea,

ummm, bugger this, rang them up to see if the disc peeps had charged me via england and there distributon company in Holland, "no says the nice man completely different company's" well whos using my card then, looked at the name again it was a www. address, typed it into the laptop and its the bloody sat nav camera software i bought on line weeks ago, i completly forgot about it :lol: :wub: :wub:

i felt a right pilchard, but relieved my card details hadnt been swiped

Mitch

Also beware using NOCHEX to pay for EBAY items.

The credit card company bills it as a cash advance, complete with up front charge and continuing interest from day one.

Not a fortune, but a rip off all the same, there is no clear warning when you enter card details....I queried it with Abbey Visa who confirmed they have had hundreds of complaints, and would be "asking" Nochex to make it a lot clearer in their payment pages...its buried under 4 pages of small print at the moment.

ABBEY refunded it with no problem.

Bob

Guest mark kingston

think your self lucky i got a letter from egg telling me my terms and conditions on my credit card had changed???

problem is i do not have a credit card with egg???

after phoning them it appears i have with out knowing about it and have been spending heavily on it for the last month???

i am waiting for their fraud department to contact me and sort it out as i aint paying 1 penny that i dont owe and want to know how they set it up without carrying out proper checks???

i suspect it is an inside job as otherwise how the hell would the guilty person get their hands on a card that should have been sent to my home address?

anyone else had anything like this happen?

regards

Mark kingston

my daughter had 2 mobile phones arrive about 2 months ago

hadnt asked for them we rang the company and found they had been ordered in her maiden name ,

shes been married 2 years .

they asked a few questions and several other people phoned ,the direct debit has been stopped and the card payment refunded

but we still have 2 brand new phones ?

they i think have been paid out by insurance and its all been put down to fraud.

no more contact no for several weeks ?

if you order a phone it has to be deleverd to the card holders address so the fraudster was thick and didnt get any thing ,.

regards graham

Guest a8dyc

I had a credit card application form sent through twice for my son in his name my address HIS 11 YEARS OLD.When i rang them they did send a letter to apoligise.How did they get his name?

Andy

Guest carl leonard
I had a credit card application form sent through twice for my son in his name my address HIS 11 YEARS OLD.When i rang them they did send a letter to apoligise.How did they get his name?

Andy

Same thing happened to me 4 weeks ago, £288 taken out of my account in Buddapest! Apparently your details are stolen in Petrol Stations. Keep your eyes on the number of CCTV cameras mounted of the ceilinig as you enter the building. Keep your hand over the key pad whilst entering your details, otherwise some young thug next door is watching the monitor!!

If you stop at the M1 Services Jnc 21 Southbound, check out how many cameras they have installed.

Carl.

Guest micky bigthumbs

Last Wedneday someone withdrew 71 thousand pounds from my account...YES 71Thousand my overdraft limit is 1500 so i was totaly gobsmacked ....bottle of bells every night with worry and fright.. the bank Nat West returned all and were exceptional some are not so lucky but thats normal for me

Mick

Guest robin
there was a topic on radio 4 this morning about some petrol stations cloneing cards and using them abroad

pete2b

I kid you not. several people who I work with and myself have all had our cards cloned and used abroad in the same month to the total of £8,000+.

We cross referenced our statements and found out our local petrol station was the only common link that month!

Police contacted and they are investigating.

Hong Kong, Jaipur, Kualar Lumpar and Croatia were just a few of the exotic locations we apparently went to.

Luckily the card companies were very good and refunded all our money and the charges.

Things to look for when paying by chip and pin:

1. are there any cctv cameras pointing towards the chip and pin machine?

2. is there anything suspicious plugged into the side of the chip and pin machine? (there should only be one cable plugged in)

3. if the chip and pin machine is "out of order", keep an eye on where the card is swiped.(till only)

just be carefull. B)

Robin

Just out of interest how long did it take those of you affected to get your money back? and did you actively persue the matter or did things play out of their own accord?

My bank were onto the case pretty quick with the initial dodgy transactions, but it's been over 2 months now and the only word I can get is "we're investigating". :(

Guest mastarforth

Just found out

my debit card has been hit for £2k

I am absolutely sc**wed, bank holiday weekend, no debit card and no cash!

silly people though, they ordered a dell computer £1200, and a holiday for £800

Surely that means We have a delivery address, I thought DELL would not deliver to anywhere other than where the card holder address was.