Sva Result

Grizzly

:clapping: :clapping: :hi: :hi:

Hi All,

Set off for Beverley at 05:50 in order to give me plenty of time. Encountered an occasional misfire en-route but not enough to stop me. It was a good drive apart from being pretty chilly and spotting with rain on occasion (at least the wipers worked). :D Anything above 50mph threatened to blow my bobhat off, so I had to cling onto it with one hand on occasions (not ideal). :cray:

Arrived at the SVA station at 07:15 and settled down for the wait. At 08:00 I was summonsed in to the ‘Lane’ by Mac. Plenty of appreciative comments and all was going well until the blinking Low Brake Fluid Sensor Light refused to work (it worked the other day!). :unknw: Mac said there was a scrappies around the corner. :(

The test proceeded until after the speedo check – Everything else seemed OK so far. After the speedo check it was time for a tea-break. During this time, I examined the Low Brake Fluid Sensor plug and found that one of the connectors was wide open. I squeezed it closer and that fixed it. :) When Mac came back, he was pleased that I’d sorted it out. :good:

He then drove the car outside and disappeared around the block. When he got back it was time for the noise test – OK. Mirrors OK.

I was then instructed to park up and wait in Reception. 15 minutes later -……. Result!!! I’ve got myself a MAC!!! I’m a happy bunny!!! :yahoo:

All finished by approximately 11:00. I'd like to thank everyone who's helped me, offered encouragement, advice, parts etc and without you Folks (and this Forum) I'd have never got this far. :hi: :hi: Roll on 21st may (DVLA Day) and the summer.

Thanks again.... Steve (aka Grizzly).

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Here's a photo...

post-1241-1178283933_thumb.jpg

Guest Ian & Carole

Well done Steve

Remember parking ours in the same bay four years ago after taking it off the trailer. :mellow: :mellow: <_< :o

Great news well done, shame the car won't make Stoneleigh but the year is yet young. B) B)

Just make sure you use and enjoy it now. :D :D :D

Car looks good. :o :o

Ian J

Guest mastarforth

Congratulations mate

So pleased and first time too!

What mirrors did you use, I have bought a set of GSXR mirrirs that are not here yet.

Hope you get it on the road very soon

See you soon

Andrew

Guest peter2b2002

Well done , great 1st time pass , at my sva they took untill 2pm to fail mine, if you are quick you might get it taxed for this month

pete2b

Thanks Andrew,

Std RH Mirrors, but tipped up (see photo). Mac was quite happy with them.

I've got some GSXR mirrors but couldn't quite fathom out how to get them fitted.

Because they're bike mirrors, they don't swivel much.

I ended up leaving them in the box. :rolleyes:

Well done , great 1st time pass , at my sva they took untill 2pm to fail mine, if you are quick you might get it taxed for this month

pete2b

DVLA Day is 21st May - Ill be taxing it from that day on hopefully (can't be waiting until 1st June!! :D :D )

Guest Gpayne
DVLA Day is 21st May - Ill be taxing it from that day on hopefully (can't be waiting until 1st June!! :D :D )

well done mate see you at stonleigh? with out car?