Robin Hood S7

Guest aso_06

Guest aso_06

Hi Just bought a S7 chassis with 3/4's of the body work in chrome. (EBAY!!!)

There's no info, manual's, brochure's or anything.

Was hoping someone might have something on it or know where I can get anything on ths kit.

If there's anything anyone can think of please let me know.

Will bits/parts from any other kit cars fit or can be made to fit the S7 i.e. locost etc

Thanks for looking and great website!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest robinj66

Hi Andy

I'm in the same boat as you - bought a part-completed S7 (Believe it's stainless,not chrome ;) ). Originally they were designed for the pinto engine (1.6,1.8,2.0) but a CVH would fit (1.6,1.8) as well as Zetec . If you believe the propoganda then a Jag V12 can be fitted. definitely you can get a Rover V8 in and I have fitted a V6 (2.8) Cologne engine (2.9 would also fit). On the basis of this modst engines would be likely to fit widthways and lengthways but you have to be careful about height!

One thing you will have to consider is that once you start changing the type of engine this may have a knock-on effect re gearbox,alternator, steering column,brake servo,radiator and a whole host of things i haven't yet thought about.

Take it from me the manual is not much help at all :o

Do you know what running gear is on your car ? Is it Cortina or Sierra ? What bits do you have? Any pics ?

Guest aso_06

I haven't picked it up yet, there is a little done to it but not sure exactly what.

Was planning on buying a complete donor car and using everything that i will need.

Did you say that you have fitted a 2.8? What was it from?

Guest robinj66

My V6 was originally from a Granada (Dec 1985). Originally fuel injection now carb. As far as I am aware, the 2.9 is the same size (certainly the block is). Fuel injection gubbins should fit as Big Lee has one fitted ( look him up on this site)

Guest a8dyc
My V6 was originally from a Granada (Dec 1985). Originally fuel injection now carb. As far as I am aware, the 2.9 is the same size (certainly the block is). Fuel injection gubbins should fit as Big Lee has one fitted ( look him up on this site)

Have you fitted your engine or are you in the process.Did yours have a pinto to start with or have you built it with v6.

Andy

Yes mine is an S7. My lump is 2.8 Cologne with the injection "gubbins" relocated from the slam panel as fitted to Capri's and XR4i's back to the firewall next to the pedal box. I believe 2.9 is nearly same size ( certainly is the same engine mounts as essentially the same block) but watch out for the Cosworth derivitive as fitted to Granada Scorpios. I think with the heads and manifold it will be a really tight squeeze. I think you should be able t o get most "Locost" parts to fit with mods, but you needed to mod the originally supplied bits anyway so you probably aren't that much worse off. Depends on the shell you have bought it could be made to accept Cortina bits or Sierra bits or Triumph bits. Do you know what donor the shell was originally made for? If not get yourself to Newark or any of the upcoming shows with a load of photos of the shell and we can work it out. Good luck with it.

Guest aso_06
Yes mine is an S7. My lump is 2.8 Cologne with the injection "gubbins" relocated from the slam panel as fitted to Capri's and XR4i's back to the firewall next to the pedal box. I believe 2.9 is nearly same size ( certainly is the same engine mounts as essentially the same block) but watch out for the Cosworth derivitive as fitted to Granada Scorpios. I think with the heads and manifold it will be a really tight squeeze. I think you should be able t o get most "Locost" parts to fit with mods, but you needed to mod the originally supplied bits anyway so you probably aren't that much worse off. Depends on the shell you have bought it could be made to accept Cortina bits or Sierra bits or Triumph bits. Do you know what donor the shell was originally made for? If not get yourself to Newark or any of the upcoming shows with a load of photos of the shell and we can work it out. Good luck with it.

Hi, I haven't picked my S7 up yet, picking it up at end of month. Also haven't got a donor car yet either, haven't quite decided what to go for yet, thinking v6!

Where did you get all your information on the S7, I spoke to Robin Hood yesterday, soon as I mentioned S7 weren't interested, wouldn't even send me a parts list!!

I've spoke to locost, who have been really helpful, they've offered to make any parts I might need, but think that could get expensive. Saying that its not an over night project!!

Thanks again, if you can think of anywhere I can get any info please let me know

Cheers

Guest Bazwaz
Where did you get all your information on the S7, I spoke to Robin Hood yesterday, soon as I mentioned S7 weren't interested, wouldn't even send me a parts list!!

The S7 is an old model and hasn't been made for quite a few years. What chassis have you got? The early S7s were Cortina based and the later ones Sierra based. You will get all the information you need on this site. As Lee says, try and get to Newark and have a good look round. There will be quite a few S7s there.

Just make yourself known and ask lots of questions. Any problems you come across will already have been solved before.

Barry

re the v12

its been done as far as i know by richard stewart .

but to say its a tight fit is an understatement!

there are some pictures on here somewhere .

regards graham

The V12 was built by Richard Stewart in 1993 as a one-off to test the strength limit of the Cortina PAB chassis (part assembled body kit) to pinpoint any weakness in the stainless steel monocoque.

He used the thing as his daily car.

There was no room for things like the oil cooler under the bonnet, this was mounted under the N/S front clam shell wing and the bonnet itself was one mass of louvres to keep the thing cool. :rolleyes:

hi andy, we need to know which model your s7 is to recommend a donor. i didn't see the ebay add but pictures would help. i have a sierra-based s7 and can copy the build manual if it turns out to appropriate. if its that model you need an early, pinto engined sierra, rear wheel drive, hatchback to build it using a single donor. you can of course put different engines etc in but you will need to modify associated mounts and bits for it. not sure when i can copy the book as i've just bust both wrists montain biking - hence the lower case one fingered typing - exclamation mark.

picture of v12 from the book for interest,

post-65-1181402355_thumb.jpg

Guest aso_06
hi andy, we need to know which model your s7 is to recommend a donor. i didn't see the ebay add but pictures would help. i have a sierra-based s7 and can copy the build manual if it turns out to appropriate. if its that model you need an early, pinto engined sierra, rear wheel drive, hatchback to build it using a single donor. you can of course put different engines etc in but you will need to modify associated mounts and bits for it. not sure when i can copy the book as i've just bust both wrists montain biking - hence the lower case one fingered typing - exclamation mark.

picture of v12 from the book for interest,

Hi, Im not sure which S7 it is, here's the link to it -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

I think im now gonna go for the 2.0 ltr pinto, someone has convinced me!!! Easier, no wiring and lighter.

I'd really appreciate it if I can have a copy of the manual, THANK YOU!!!!

Sorry bout the wrists, just proves 4 wheels are better than 2!!!!

Cheers

Guest aso_06
Hi, Im not sure which S7 it is, here's the link to it -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

I think im now gonna go for the 2.0 ltr pinto, someone has convinced me!!! Easier, no wiring and lighter.

I'd really appreciate it if I can have a copy of the manual, THANK YOU!!!!

Sorry bout the wrists, just proves 4 wheels are better than 2!!!!

Cheers

P.S.

Does everything look ok with the hood??

Don't really know what to look for, picking it up at end of month.

Didn't pay £375 for it as it says, paid £350, is this a fair price???

Cheers