Barkston In July

Guest Steve Allen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How screwed up do your tyres get? I'm just thinking about driving back afterwards!!

its not that hard i think..

my almost stuffed rear tyre was still legal to drive home on after last time

Guest chris brown
How screwed up do your tyres get? I'm just thinking about driving back afterwards!!

You wont scrub that much off normal road tyres even after 100 miles on Landow which is much harder than Barkstone I don’t think anyone tore that much off there tyres. Even Bill with the V6 Mondeo which ate them very fast was ok to drive home.

Guest timswait

Not very. The tarmac there is actually quite smooth compared to most roads. Of course it depends how many laps you do, how hard you push it, how powerful your car is and how soft your tyres are, but overall you're very unlikely to wear more than a couple of mil off your tread, so as long as you're comfortably legal when you drive there you will be when you drive back.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John Walton

For all those attending, a Burger van has been booked for the day, so anyone camping at woodland waters on the friday can wake themselves up with a brew and a bacon sarni, that and half a dozen paracetemol

Guest Steve Allen

Do we have a list yet of who and how many are going, 4 of us from South yorkshire will be camping on the Friday, I have already purchased the 5 ltrs of coca Cola required'

Guest Ace Fettler

John,

Us Bristol boys are all ready. BTW Andy (Roller) Rowles had his car MOT'd last week so is now back on the road and threatning to come along, so you might want to give the marshalls a bit of a heads up!!!

Richard

Guest megablade
BTW Andy (Roller) Rowles had his car MOT'd last week so is now back on the road and threatning to come along, so you might want to give the marshalls a bit of a heads up!!!

Or heads down as the case may be :mellow: :rolleyes:

Best organise the copious amounts of whiskey, assuming we are partaking in the whisky challenge again :rolleyes:

Possibly assuming I get the car back on the road by then. Still have to weld up a new wishie (got the bits cut and bent), properly fix on the new bonnet, etc. And not break it on the Saturday. Will try for 70 second rounds to start with. Don't want Chris to bust something laughing.

Nigel

Guest Guy Wilson

Hi all,

I am planning on coming over on Saturday.

Please can someone clarify what time we have to be at the gates in the morning and if we miss that slot, what time we can get in at dinner.

Thanks a lot

Guy