Claim To Fame!

Big Jim

It's said that everyone has 15 minutes of 'Fame' have you had yours? what? when?

I think mine is broken up into little pieces.

I am the 'star' in an advert for 'Genuine parts' in a book about Leyland Buses. (long time ago!)

About 20 seconds on 'A Car is born'

then 3 times in one year I've been caught on camera whilst mashaling motorcycle races. (about 3 years ago)

So who else has been on the 'box' or whatever.

Guest Bazwaz

My in-laws played the handbells with Amos Brearley in a Christmas episode of Emmerdale Farm ( my wife had to turn it down as she was working). I also work with Freddie Trumans brother.

Barry.

In each program, he does a bit, then goes to talk with other kit car owners, on the program where he hangs the doors on it, it's me and another Hoodie. It was shot at Exeter kit car show in 2000 (I think!)

We'd travelled 270 miles from up here in the Northwest, it was bloody cold, and I had a warm but awfull bloody sweater on.

Guest Battery Bill

I was heard on TV once at the Trans Atlantic races at Donnington in 1985 (Ish) me and my mates were at Redgate and tried to shout to my brother in Edinburgh as he was watching it up there, We made our plans and as soon as the first rider reached a certain part of the corner we all shouted "Brian" Scared the *bleep* out of the cameraman just in front of us but my wee brother heard it. Ha Ha.

More recently after our first visit to the Touring car racing at Snetterton we looked through the ITV touring cars website (http://tocatour.co.uk/) we strained our eyes looking at packed paddocks trying to see us, then Joey noticed the picture of Aaron Slight and Guess who it is standing beside him ? Joey...

post-13-1065216741.jpg

Hi All,

My Claim sad that that it is, my mum's cousin is Freddy, AKA Freddy and The Dreamers, :lol: he used to go round to my mums house to listen to LP'S because he didnt heve a record player, he is not so well at the moment so get well soon Freddy :D . All very sad but true. I was also in a video for a pop group, Ace Of Base,That involved me jumping off a wall at Oldham Theatre College acting like a prat and getting a free butty and a glass of orange for the privalige, more like 2.5secs of fame :( .All good fun though!!

Gotta go back a year or two for mine....

I was at school with Steve Harley (the Cockney Rebel)

Same school, same class with Paul Hills, son of Dick Hills who co-wrote the Morecombe & wise show. (I never met a more miserable SOB.)

I swam for Beckenham Swimming club and appeared on a black & white TV programme called Seeing Sport demonstrating butterfly.

Its all been down hill since then...!!

Guest 2BBoulton

Been on Blue Peter at the age of three with my aunts tourtoise (spelling?) after theirs had died and said it was old at 50. My sister wote in about our aunts who was well over 100 (the tourtoise that is).

Also been on the 10'oclock news swimming in sewage and my car has been on top gear and will be in The life and death of Peter sellers.

Guest Rob Walters

My 3 small claims are my grandad played the piano with Chaz and Dave in the pub before they became more well know.

I was in a documentary about kart racing when I was at school, as I looked straight at the camera I gave them the cheesiest grin you have ever seen.

I was also in the opening credits for songs of prase wiht three others as the winners of the Maidstone river festival raft race.

Does not quite make fifteen minutes but its a start.

Rob

I sung a solo in a christmas carol concert, broadcast on radio Leeds for about a minute, when I was about 10, but best of all, on some of the RHSC sites show photography (I think that's where i found the pic) me and my uncle are in the background looking at the sub k demonstrator :D How's that for famous!

Morty

PS Jim, as an avid watcher of A ----- is (re)Born, I thought you did very well, given that it did look so damn cold! :)