Packing Your Tent Le Mans Style

Guest AWhite

Guest AWhite

This is what my dad and his mates did to the big gazebo in Le Mans that had been slightly battered by the wind so we didn't want to bring it back.

The firework used was an "end of the world".

Andy

Guest chris brown

I was going to say I was sorry you didn’t find our site but having watched that I’m rather glad you didn’t. We are all up for a bit of fun but that was downright irresponsible. I just hope no one on pitches I have anything to do with are that stupid.

Guest salty_monk

I hope it was a big empty field by the time it was done.... I would have been rather annoyed if anyone lit fireworks on a campsite I was pitched on. :(

No guys,

It was not an empty field , It was just a gazebo at the end of the row, with a bit of space around as most had packed up and gone.

Have pictures of the smouldering remains.

Graham

Le Mans Hoodie 2007

Im surprised you owned up to having anything to do with this Andy.

I was camped close to this twerp.

The fireworks were slowed down hitting the roof, burned through it, then fell to earth still burning.

Right next to other tents & cars (most with soft-tops).

It was Sunday night so there were plenty of campers still there.

So this is the definative end to the Fireworks gazebo.

I did not know how it caught alight until I got home and saw this thread.

But I took a piccy when I went to the loo - it helped light the way as all electrics were off at the time.

Graham

post-971-1182760302_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I was told at the hoodie meeting that people were on here moaning about this and i had to come on here cos i didn't believe them.

I wasn't there at the time (already left) but i was told that it was dragged into an empty spot away from things and most people had already gone.

There were no complaints about damage or anything and it took a lot of people rallied from the campsite to move the thing as its massive.

Lighten up guys. :D Just reminds me why i don't bother coming on here anymore. You've all turned into Victor Meldrew ;)