Any Members Live Close To Gbsc ?

Guest Anaconda

Guest Anaconda

I live in Toronto Canada and have a RobinHood kit modified for left hand drive. I have paid for an order of small missing parts from Great British Sports Cars( Robinhood cars) and have been waiting for 5 months. It is obvious that this company has no customer service and really does not care about their customers once they make a sale. I was wondering if a member who lives close to their shop could pick up my order and ship it to me? The order is paid for, including shipping, so no cost to you. Thank you, Ron Kostka.

you may have a problem because the company went into administration around this time. This means that anyone who was owed small amounts of money / service from them will have lost it all. Unfortunately the 'new company' owning robin hood are not legally bound to give you the parts you have already paid for. I'm afraid the best you can hope for is to acheive a discount on buying these parts again :(

It's not the fault of anyone at robin hood, it's just the legal process, and the guy who used to own robin hood. I hope you solve your problem and get your car built! Good luck.

Andy

Guest Anaconda

All right, here is the whole story:

Robinhood cars worked with Coveland Motorsports in New York to design a lhd version of the 2b that would meet US specs. I purchased the kit last September from Coveland ( 2 eight hour trips to get it back across the border to Canada! ) After inspection at home I noticed some missing parts. I talked to Jim at Coveland who said no problem he would have them in a week or two. On month, two months, nothing. I emailed Robinhood cars and found out they had been purchased by Great British Sport Cars. Richard Lloyd said that because it was a new company he would not be responsible for missing parts but would sell them to me at a reduced price and ship them that Friday if I paid by Paypal. This was in January. Several emails and phone calls later, I still don't have the parts.

Also during the first email I let them know that the steering rack that was included with the kit was probably for the rhd car. They assured me that it was not. When I got to that part of the assembly, I could not figure out how to make the rack fit, so 5 emails and 3 phone calls later, Richard Hall finally admitted that it is the wrong rack and I need to replace it! I am talking to Coveland about it, It is their responsibility since that is who I purchased the kit from. There are also some more major parts that they are responsible for.

It has become apparent that all involved at GBSC want nothing to do with this whole Coveland-Robinhood project, even though I am not asking for anything for free. I just want to be able to build my car( or at this point, recieve all my missing parts from both companies, and possibly just sell the kit, it has not been a positive experience! ) If you have taken the time to read this, thank you, now you know the whole pathetic story! Ron Kostka.

Sorry to hear that you have some parts missing very frustrating when you are so far away.

as per earlier posts if you speak to Richard he should be willing to help you. Note the fact that its the responsiblility of your supplier not Robin Hood but if you need parts you need parts.

Depending upon what you are short of the forum may be able to suggest alternative part / supplier so try putting up a post of missing items. I am sure that those of us over this side of the pond will offer as much help as we can to get you on the road.

Am not too far away from RHSC so if you want something chasing up would be happy to do so. Send me a PM re missing parts!.

Phil

Guest RJHALL

Right i have had a look in records from ANC and there is a package that has gone to canada i gess this must be yours and has got lost, i could not find your order so i dont on would parts you need, if you can give us a call will re send them

Richard

Guest hypermick

I can also vouch for Richard Hall being very helpful. I spoke to him recently on a couple of matters dating from way back regarding the chassis,.. (thanks again Richard !)........however,............the process of visiting GBSC and expecting a quality service is something else.

The whole place looked like a hand grenade had gone off inside it and the tidying up process,.well nil to say the least ! The guy who served me really gave the impression he couldnt have cared less whether I made any purchases or not, and with that in mind I certainly wont ever be spending any more money there in the future.

I'm not impressed at all with it even though Im told theyre in the process of moving,. to my mind its no excuse. A tidy place is an efficient place and thats it,. nuff said, so it comes as no surprise when you hear on here that the order of service is low on the list of priorities as told by those waiting for mail order items.

Mick.

hi

just to add to the previous comment.

i have always found the staff at gbs to be very helpful,.i think you will find they have been working in difficult circumstances,in that they are trying to sort out previous probl;ems and try to make a living at the same time .

if they are not there in the future our spares are not there either.

i do however agree that the level of professionalism needs to improve,

i think that will come with time.

the building they are in is a time warp and i think dosent lend itself to the buisness,

it is also a huge drain on the cash flow.

i do and others have commented on the fact that they do need to work on the presentantation side of the buisness.

ie at shows

the cars need to be clean and well presented,

my personal view and some will groan is that all new models would sell better if an sva certificate was presented with the car,and the presented car was in roadworthy condition and could be used as a demonstrator.

the new prospective purchaser would know that the kit he is buying is able with some work able to be used on the road, and ,make the promo car something special ,something for the new builder to aspire to.

just my three pennyworth

regards graham

this is ment to be constructive and not destructive

Guest John Williams

Adding another penny to that.

The service I have just received was excellent.

I may have only ordered a fuel tank sender, but:

1. The phone was answered promptly.

2. The person on the other end of the phone was curtious and efficient.

3. It was explained I had missed todays post (last Friday), and my item would be despached Monday.

4. My fuel sender arrived today (Tuesday) and is now fitted.

If you read this. Thanks guys and keep up the good work. :good:

John

richard was most helpfull when i called after the accident i had in my 2b and when i visited him to descuss my options he gave me as much time as i needed do tall to him and look at what options he had. come on you guys give them a break they are trying to improve things and in the end we will all benifit. keep up the god work GBS.

hi phil

my personal opinion is and is based on 35 years of having my own buisness is that the gbs team will do more buisness and make more profit if they look more professional.

i am a supporter of gbs and i want them to succed and make money.

but at newark in the eve some of the members (as you do )had a few beers and chatted about the show and of course the gbs stand ,the results of that conservation i reported in my last post.

it is early in the scheme of things for gbs,but i do think the purchacer of a kit should be confident that the kit he has purchaced will pass an sva and be able to be used on the road.

i think these things will make a difference.

regards graham

fair comment graham

I also have my own smal business so can understand how it can be difficult to be active in all areas ie building a demo car a good stand and looking good to visiters to the factory give these guys a chance.