The Robin Hood Monocoque

Guest outtolunch

Guest outtolunch

It was when I first started looking to spend my inheritance on a 7 style car ( the mid life crisis kicking in and missing the old Dutton I built ) that I came across the Robin Hood monocoques and being one for the unusual ( yes I had a betamax ) I purchased a fine example earlier this year.

This came with a stack of old paperwork and in a booklet called 'the Robin Hood collection' produced in association with Which Kit is an article which mentions the designer of the monocoque as a Mr Zablockski who was quote " in the buisness of designing oil rigs and ski lifts, as well as other impressive things for major car manufacturers " .

All very well but searches on google and other engines come up blank even the name doesn't seem to exist, which makes me wonder did he exist or was he created for tax purposes as in the Delorean/Lotus fiasco. anybody know anything else?

Hope he does exist and then I could have badges made up with " Designed by Zablockski " made and fitted and pasers by can go WTF!

When Richard Stuart bought out the 2b I asked him why he had stopped making the monocoques, he told me that he had bought the rights to build them, but that had expired hence the 2b! So perhaps Zablockski did do the original design, not sure how you register a folded steel box design though. ^_^

Peter

• 3 years later...
Guest mower man

Good luck with the build manual I dont think it ever was a reality but there may be some video tapes surviving I borrowed some afew years ago but was a good boy and gave them back but they may have gone to another owner as they guy I borrowed them from sold the car on I'll see if I can catch him in watch this space .BTW put your location in please mower man [mick ] :good:

not wishing to put a dampener on things , but i have been told a mono construction

will no longer pass iva , be it ally ,steel or whatever . it might be poss

with and inner box section chassis .i may be wrong , so do some reserch before you spend money

trying to complete it .

graham