Girls!

Peter Bell

Had a call from daughter no2 yesterday morning, who is at Nottingham uni. Said she was in her housemates car and it wouldn't start, she described the problems and I said sounds like poor battery connection, open the bonnet and check connections, try wiggling them etc. She said Ok will call back soon, 5 mins later got text: can't open bonnet, gone on the bus! :o

I know some one who had a similar storey,

I think the battery's gone flat on my mini.

Open the boot and wiggle the terminals.

Opens the boot and someones stolen the battery,terminals aswell.

Might get your daughter to check that!!!!

The girlfriend's car was in for a repair recently and she had a courtecy car from the body shop. Got a call at work that she was in Asda carpark and couldn't get reverse and so couldn't move out of her space.

The loan car was a Corsa and she hadn't realised that you had to slide the collar up on the lever to get reverse!

Guest allenr03

Got a call from my ex two days into her new job "I've crashed the company car!" (She was ok fortunately)

Two days later "I've put petrol in the courtesy car" It was a diesel Golf.

Great first impression!

A little while back, coming off the M25 at J4 slip road, I was overtaken by a Corsa, being piloted by a young lass, with two friends in it, all laughing & joking.

Road was wet, the slip road curves downhill, it looked too fast to me, so I lifted off.

Sure enough, her brakes come on hard & late, car turns sharp left, brakes stay on, car hits nearside barrier doing about 40, demolishes the front & slides to a halt.

I stop & try to calm the hysterics (not mine) move the car to the side of the road, mop up the oil, lend her my phone to call home & hear her say "Dad, I've done it again!!!"

I left them to it at that point.....Dad should never have got it repaired the first time.....

Bob