Under New Management

steve in stockport

Hi everybody,

following last nights AGM, this is my first post as the new Chairman.

To bring you up to date i'll give a brief rundown of the events of the night, firstly Tim stood down as Chairman and then a motion was made, seconded and unanimously passed to make Tim and Sue honorary President and Mrs President as a sign of appreciation for all their work over the past years.

Then the nominations for a new committee were dealt with and the positions are as follows:

Chairman and membership, me, Steve Johnston, with support from Laura, my wife

Secretary, Peter Knight

Treasurer, Steve Altwasser

Events Secretary, Ian Johnson, ably asssited by Carole

Committee Member, Sir Chris Brown- maybe he should be Foreign Secretary as he has dealt with Le Mans and French (dis)organisation for the past few years.

I'm keeping this brief as all the new committee will be doing a piece about themselves in the next magazine, with contact details, phone nos. etc.

Speaking of magazines, we need your stories and articles, we need to produce four mags a year to satisfy the contract with our advertisers, so don't just post them on the website, send them on to Peter - the majority of our members dont use the website, so your stories will be new to them.

The handover will take place over the next few months and will hopefully be drama free, there are no plans for any unnecessary changes on the horizon, the club works well as it is, so if it isn't broke why try and fix it?

The Membership is The Club, you guys and girls are The Membership, keep going to the area meetings, keep getting out on runs and enjoying your cars, if you're building stick at it, its worth it in the end, and get to the shows and support the Club.

Steve,

Congratulations Steve. (sorry, or should I say Mr Chairman from now on?) :hi:

I must admit, I'd been checking this site throughout the day, but nobody seemed to be saying anything about how it went last night.

I guess we were all just waiting. I'm glad things went well. I for one am keeping the faith. I will write up an article for the Mag - There, I'm committed now :D

Congratulations to the new committee and well done for stepping forward. I for one welcome the 'if it ain't broke.......' approach, and wish you all well in your new tasks.

Excellent gesture for Tim and Sue to be Mr and Mrs President, very well deserved in my opinion.

May the club go from strength to strength.

Well done all who stepped up to take the rains, as a area sec will of course help where possible.

suppose its time i wrote a bit for the mag,

congrats to all involved, and thanks for Tim and Sue for the hard work they have put in over the years and making sure there was a club to hand over to the new committee.

see you at the shows

Mitch

Guest mastarforth

Congratualtioans to the new comittee, and good luck to you steve as the new chairman.

Glad to see it is all resolved and good luck to the honorary President and Mrs President too.

andrew

Well done to all its great to see the club is still going strong

Thanks to Tim and Sue you did a great Job :D

Good Luck Steve and Laura you are great people and i no you will do a great Job

Steve may be its time you handed my old job as Area Sec to someone else

Now who could that be ????? my be a couple who have just traveled around the world (they do like to drink beer, we were drinking till 3am on our back balconey when they were here) O and they do love the club .

Keep up the good work to all members of the committiee and thanks again

Duncan

Well we can all breath a sigh of relief now. :D Congratulations Steve and all the best for the new job to you and your lady. Great to hear Tim & Sue have been honoured in some way for all their hard work. I suggest we could have a Tim & Sue Norman Trophy to be awarded every year to the RHOCaR member who has done the most to benefit the club. What do you think?

keep it real!!!!!!!!!!

as was was good and if the same continues then the club will go on from strength to strength.

congrats to the new bosses and i will support as much as i can .

regards graham,

ps still need a full list of members in my area