Side Lights?help

Guest simo

I have currently just purchased an s7, put it in for an MOT and if failed as it didn't have side lights. it must have had them to pass its sva and previous mot's? but i can't see where they were fitted or is there a headlamp that i can buy with a side light feature?

any info would be on this would be great

cheers

Guest mikea

Usually intergral to the headlamp unit. Sometimes bulbs are glued to the inside of the shell ! .. Or there are headlamp bulb holders with a fitting for a side light bulb.

cheers mate i think the glueing to the inside is the easy option just a case of wiring it now as the loom is a mess! the bloke who built it was lucky to get it through its sva!

thanks

Guest timswait

The standard units supplied by RH are the sealed beam units. These have a little window in the reflector which you can glue a side light bulb to (or glue it to anywhere inside the shell and it will shine through). A lot of people upgrade from the sealed beams by buying headlamp reflectors and lenses from somewhere like Europa ( for example this) so they can fit standard halogen bulbs which are much brighter than the sealed beams. These can be bought with a sidelight bulb ready fitted.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest steve @ sVc

Sorry to get onto this thread so late, but this is the crazy time of year!

We have found that the very best lens to use for RH headlights is the latest Wipac Quadoptic - NOT the 4700 series with the metal reflector, the S6010 with the glass reinforced moulded reflector. This fits in easily and has a much better beam pattern due to the modern backing for the reflector (in DMC plastics so no rusting issues) and a newer lens pattern.

The light output is way better than sealed beam lights (1940s technology) and if you fit the upgrade H4 bulbs that use a mix of Xenon and Halogen gasses your lights will be as good as most brand new non HID light cars on the road.

Hope this helps - even if it’s a bit late

Regards

Steve @ sVc

try the link below off robinhod site lolocost £7 + £4 p&p

http://www.lolocost.com/ASPpages/part_details.asp?PartID=134

I have currently just purchased an s7, put it in for an MOT and if failed as it didn't have side lights. it must have had them to pass its sva and previous mot's? but i can't see where they were fitted or is there a headlamp that i can buy with a side light feature?

any info would be on this would be great

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest steve @ sVc

The sealed beam wiring harnesses.

Putting the LOW back into LOCOST £7:00 each

Vehicle Wirimg Headlamp harness. For sealed beam lamps.

Combined main bulb connector & pilot holder.

Fitted with 1metre length of cable & sleeving,

bullet connectors & grommet. Ref: 5824. £10.25 each

Good Old sVc

HEADLIGHT WIRING HARNESS

Sealed beam with side £4.50 each (inv Vat and the sdie light bulb)..

from Good Old Steve @ sVc

Guest steve @ sVc

Hi Phil,

Members can claim 10% discount on all order for £100 or more from sVc, AND as you are close to us here in Tamworth, you can come over to collect your part thus saving a delivery cost and gettingto see the parts!

just gets better and better

Regards

Good Old Steve @ sVc

:rolleyes:

Guest steve @ sVc

It was agreed with the "CLUB" many years ago - just surprised they don't tell you!

We will need some proof of membership of the RHOC & the order needs to be thru' me - who is:

Steve @ sVc