New Job

st3v3nw

Had a call yesterday telling me my interview was successful and I now have a new job as an Aircraft Electrician for BAE Systems at Warton. This is a big thing for me as my business had been on the rocks for a while and I've now packed that in.

Since leaving the RAF in 2005 I have been struggling to build a business selling home produced pork, sausages and bacon. Due to the bad summer, the feed prices have rocketed and i couldn't afford to keep the pigs.

The interview was a bit scary as i haven't had an interview in ten years. Luckily I had really good answers for every question as i had loads of experience in every field they asked about. I felt very confident afterwards but this soon faded after 3 weeks and not hearing from them but instead hearing about 600 redundancies at Manchester.

But on the bright side, I did get the job and Warton looks a fairly secure place to be what with a lot of major defence contracts for the next 15 years at least.

Guest jhfozzy

Nice one, I was avionics (rotary wing) in the Army.

All the BAE contracts were in the air when I left in 2001 because of 911.

Good luck. :drinks:

I would love to be doing something like that now. Are your licences in date or did you join unlicenced?

John.

Joined with no license and I'm not sure if you need one as they are military aircraft not civvy. I done 6 years as an avionics technician before leaving the RAF. Great work as i love tinkering.

Congrats on getting that job and i well know how you must be feeling now elated yes , as i to worked in Avionics many moons ago Starting with Elliot Automation (flight data computer prototyping on Jaguar , C5A Galaxy, plus many many more ) , Plessey (SAAB) and finaly MSDS on sat comms for NATO a lot of travelling with this one .

Good Luck for the future

Mike

I hope you like standing around talking lots and drinking coffee, because that's all they ever seem to do when I visit Warton and Brough :rolleyes: oh, and downing tools when ever there's a contractor on site :p

Seriously though, congratulations. :good:

I hope you like standing around talking lots and drinking coffee, because that's all they ever seem to do when I visit Warton and Brough :rolleyes: oh, and downing tools when ever there's a contractor on site :p

Seriously though, congratulations. :good:

How many BAE employees do we have in the forum then? I'm at Rochester as is another chap Tom ? (don't know his surname). Sounds like there may be a more than just a few of us!

AP

How many BAE employees do we have in the forum then?

I'm an ex one, served my time at Woodford.

Joined with no license and I'm not sure if you need one as they are military aircraft not civvy.

Get your books out and start studying to get your Part 66 B2 License. Airlines are always after Licensed Avionics Engineers!!!!

I'm nearly kind of/sort of BAe. I actually work for CSC who look after BAe's computers. I'm based at a site that used to be BAe Dynamics but was split off as a seperate business when Marconi was absorbed so it's now MBDA. We were still on the same contract for a long time and still being involved in the defence industry I have security clearance so I ended up working at most of the sites in the NW. Warton has been a regular at various times and yes the BAe guys seem to spend a lot of time not doing anything obvious.

Iain