Warning: Dodgy Insurance

Guest Jabberwocky

Guest Jabberwocky

A few days ago I found this link for the Motor Insurance Database and I went so I went through all my cars, and they all showed up green, went through my folks cars and my old mans came up red. I knew he had insurance as I egged him on to get insurance from the same company I have got the hood with because the did me a good deal. So anyway I gave him a call to find out what was going on, anyway cut a long story short, the said company had been taking the money but had not told the insurance company that my old man wanted it past the 30 day cover note (He had not noticed that he had not received the full cover docs) Said company also wants 50 quid for cancelling the policy earlier and can not understand that there is no policy to cancel. Also that there was no cover and my old man was paying that he wants the cash back that he had given them.

Anyway spoken to the CAB an apparently this sort of thing is on the increase, especially with small companied who throw up good quotes on comparison websites

(I will not name the company on an open forum as I am an administrator on another forum that almost got sued by a company when a member put some negative comments on it)

Bottom line: CHECK YOUR INSURANCE

A couple of years ago I chased up my broker because I hadn't received the insurance certificate, but the direct debits were being collected as usual. To my absolute horror they had to admit that when the renewal was due they had ommitted to send the electronic message to the insurance company to renew the policy.

That cost them my business but it could have been catastrophic for me as I had been driving around without insurance for several months! The very idea! :shok:

Useful link - happy that my three are all 'green' and the 2B comes up as a 'Robin Hood'.

Guest Jabberwocky
After a heart stopping moment as I had typed in the number slightly wrong, Doh!, I find mine is insured as a 'Dummy Kit Car'. But at least it is there.

Nigel

Same as what mine came up as :-)

Guest salty_monk

Mine is on there... just says Robin Hood. :)

Nigel, I think you should complain about that.... a "Dummy's Kit Car" they don't even know you :lol:

Guest MacMustang

All cars are on there... phew! I got pulled by a police man on my bike who said I didn't have insurance... he then rechecked and found that his gizmo in his car couldn't read my number plate!