Rainbows Childrens Hospice

Guest Daren.F

Guest Daren.F

We have a cheque to hand over to Rainbowswas raised from the sale of calenders.

They are having an open day on Saturday 20th of September.

What do you all think about having a trip to the hospice, hand over the cheque, have a cup of tea and a look round?

Guest salty_monk

Be great to get a bunch of noisy cars there, most kids love that stuff. I'm sure sitting in & making vroom vroom noises will be much appreciated etc.

Hope it goes well Darren & the rain stays away. Bit far for me, sorry about that!

Dan :)

Guest Daren.F

There will not be any children at the hospice on the open day, Visitors are not allowed when the hospice is occupied.

For some of the children it would be a great experiance but for others it could be terrifying.

My daughter Megan would have loved it, but in later life it would have disturbed her.

We could offer to give kids a ride/experiance on the day and ask Rainbows to invite the kids to join us on the day.

Daren

• 2 months later...
Guest Ian & Carole
We have a cheque to hand over to Rainbows that was raised from the sale of calenders.

They are having an open day on Saturday 20th of September.

What do you all think about having a trip to the hospice, hand over the cheque, have a cup of tea and a look round?

Hi Darren

Is this still on?

Are we all still invited?

Have any children been invited?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rainbows Open day is next week-end Saturday 20th of September Map

We are welcome to drop in between 10am and 3.30pm for a look around and see what they do, refreshments will be provided.

Car parking is limited so its a good idea to drop in early, and I have a prior arrangment at 12pm so I shall be at Rainbows from 9.59 untill 11.29 :D

Its not going to be easy for me to visit Rainbows again so please come and keep me company.

Guest chris brown

Just got back from a very enjoyable, but moving, morning at the Rainbows.

A big thank you to all who bought calendars, and made this presentation possible. Having had a look round and had lots of the different special rooms explained to us I think I speak for all who went when I say I'm sure your money will be put to good use.

PS meny thanks to Derek & Marilyn for dinner

post-746-1221922478_thumb.jpg