Front Suspension Ball Joint

the_gambler

Firstly let me thank you for your help in curing my negative camber, great job. Next problem, My 3 series 2B has just failed its mot yesterday on a suspect front top offside ball joint. The history of my car is almost unknown, believed to be a 1987 sierra 2L donor. Problem is, what is the top ball joint from? I have been to Ford garages, and independants and told it could be off a Transit van. Any help would be much appreciated, I'm new to this, the summer is slipping away, and I hav'nt been out in my car since I bought it. Help.

They are from early ones, 1968ish onwards till the late 70's I think.

Best bet is to order some from GBSC - they have them on the shelf and not expensive.

Thanks Andy, Sorry but I'm new to this game, GBSC ? I just googled them and got Great Britain Ice Hockey Supporters Club.

Hi, if its the top balljoint off a 2B with the RH front suspension then its call a drag link for a ford transit. Mine is made by firstline and the number is BA0606 so hopefully someone can get that one or an equivilent. hth

It is a track rod end from a Ford Transit.

It's also nothing remotely to do with a 2B, completely different animal.

You need to find a good independant with someone willing to help you out, also most Ford agents were trained at Halfrauds, and can't find their way into the stores without knowing model, chassis number and inside leg measurement!

Ford in their wisdom, had a number of different trackrod ends fitted to the Transit, depending on supplier/year/ mood change (I'm sure a woman was running ford then! <_< )

There are various threads etc, so you need to remove your own and take it in along with you so they cam measure it etc.

Is it for a 2B ? because it will be the number i stated above, ford refer to it as a drag link which is indeed a track rod end for the transit steering. If its a series 3 then i dont know iam afraid. just to clear that up. hth