Toe Rags

Guest peter2b2002

Some shops had installed a MOSQUITO? system to deter youngsters congregating outside.

Apparently it generates a noise only audible to anyone under about 25.....apparently this was deemed to be illegal.

So they now play piped classical and opera music instead......has exactly the same result, it only pi**es off anyone under 25 :D

I love it!!

Bob

Guest TerryBarry

I can think of at least two records that would move me ( an OAP ) on

"Nellie the Elephant" by Mandy Miller

"Pink Toothbrush" ( plus many, many others) by Max Bygraves

Then there is always "Two Little Boys" by that Aussie bloke

I could go on for ever - But I won't :rolleyes:

Some shops had installed a MOSQUITO? system to deter youngsters congregating outside.

Apparently it generates a noise only audible to anyone under about 25.....apparently this was deemed to be illegal.

So they now play piped classical and opera music instead......has exactly the same result, it only pi**es off anyone under 25 :D

I love it!!

Bob

My local Co-op has done that.

Must say, I find it bloody irritating :D

Tis too late once your kits been nicked but for those of you worried about losing tools how about SMART WATER. It's full of micro-dots unique to you(I think) spray it over your kit, dries on & near impossble to remove - so stolen kit can be identified, check it out with your local crime prevention officer or may-be ENFORCER could give us an official view.

Smartwater is indeed the dog's gonads. And it's a BRITISH company based in Telford! :good:

Every 'customer' who comes through our back door has to go through a UV light 'booth' - any smartwater deposits make them glow like the ready brek boy (showing my age). In which case it's a question of getting a sample off to the lab and then we find out exactly where that particular smartwater has come from.

Some modern alarm systems now incorporate a 'spray' of smartwater in the zone where the alarm is activated. I'm told it isn't easy to remove and once you've been sprayed you've had it basically.

I believe you can buy a kit unique to you - we have supplied some to schools etc, but I have no idea how much it costs. Probably isn't cheap though.

When we were in business last; about 4 years ago; I seem to remember it was around £85 for a bottle of Smart Water which you could "paint on" your vunerable kit; any chance of more official info, Enforcer, may give us punters the tool to aid your anti-crime efforts-- don't forget the discount for RHOcar members!!