Arctic Conditions Hit Uk

Joel

This morning in the midlands we were quite literally inundated with a .......light mist! At one point it got so bad that I had to set the car wipers to 'intermittent'. I feared if it got much worse I may have to abandon the car by the side of the road, and await recovery by the emergency services - not a pleasant proposition with the temperature dropping as low as 9 degrees!

Anyone else struggling to cope with our adverse weather conditions? :rofl: :lol:

Guest fozzy2007
This morning in the midlands we were quite literally inundated with a .......light mist! At one point it got so bad that I had to set the car wipers to 'intermittent'. I feared if it got much worse I may have to abandon the car by the side of the road, and await recovery by the emergency services - not a pleasant proposition with the temperature dropping as low as 9 degrees!

Anyone else struggling to cope with our adverse weather conditions? :rofl: :lol:

We are struggling along down here in wales, with temps as low as 8 degrees.

We are struggling along down here in wales, with temps as low as 8 degrees.

Slab of Kendal Mint Cake strapped to a St Bernard and pointed in the direction of the M4. Just try and hold on until Snorbitz gets there!!

We are just about holding out in deepest darkest Surrey. Ventured outside but beaten back by the withering sunlight and high temperatures.

Anyone got any sunblock?

It rained yesterday ...I saw a puddle on the other side of the road.

Better put the waders and the inflatable in the boot.---Sorry back seat , maybe cant reach the boot without getting tootsies wet.

Graham B

Guest Ian & Carole

Hi all

Couldn't agree more, here in Lincoln we woke to a slight covering of slush.

Does any one else get the feeling that the Met. Office are running the risk of over forcasing all the time ?? a bit like the boy who kept crying wolf?

On day we will get the bad weather they tell us to expect but no one will have belived them.

Supose it's better than saying there is no gale on the way then watch Sevenoaks needing to be renaed Threeoaks after Micheal Fish got it badly wrong a few years ago.

Well I had 6 inches yesterday !!!!!! Not a pleasant experience.

Lucky you!, i had to make do with 4". But you do live higher up than me. Glad i swopped the Ford with big silly tyres for a Citroen C1 with skinny little ones. Although the roads were bad at 6.30am when i set off for work i got there no problem. The hospital where i work was like a ghost town all day with people not being able to get in.

Baz

Guest Captain Daz

Weather forecast for 2009 and beyond.

Winter - wet and cold

Spring - wet and windy

Summer - wet with sunny patches

Autumn - see spring

Repeat.

Any day is a good day in your Hood! :D

We went to Devil's Bridge with the Mini club today.

SDC10040.jpg

Sort of cold but not exactly arctic.

I went to work last Tuesday and although there was a lot of snow around I didn't have any real dramas - I then spent most of the day listening to people telling me about 2 and 3 hour drives to work (those who had managed to get there that is). Wednesday and Thursday were much the same. Guess I just got off lightly.

Iain

It must have been a bit patchy. I ended up at home on Thursday (which was nice) as I couldn't get out of my street. I think beyond the first few hundred yards it would have been passable.

* Shameless plug warning *

Spare a wintry weather thought for this chap Tom Buckley on the BBC. He's the son of an ex-boss of mine - we had 4 Hoods at work when he was there. Tom's Just Giving page.